• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help - Pie bricked my phone

I got the update to Android 9.0 (pie) like a week ago. Haven't had issues.

Last night, my phone was on the charger over night (turbo charger). This morning, it will not turn on.

I plugged it back in, and the camera flash on the back flashed quickly, but that's it. I tried to do a reset of the phone (held down the stupid bixby button, volume down, and power - that is the right step, right?) and nothing.

Trying a different (non-turbo) charger now. But, what can I do? Has anyone seen this?

[ROM][9.0.0][PIE] BootleggersROM 4.1 [URD][UNOFFICIAL]

https%3A%2F%2Fraw.githubusercontent.com%2FBootleggersROM%2FExtraStuff%2Fpasta%2Fthreadfiles%2F00-banner.png

https%3A%2F%2Fraw.githubusercontent.com%2FBootleggersROM%2FExtraStuff%2Fpasta%2Fthreadfiles%2F01-intro.png

Bootleggers ROM is an aftermarket firmware based on AOSP with some patches and fixes from LineageOS and various other projects. The idea is to bring custom features and some of the most useful apps on your device, with the goal of Making you feel like 家.

With an almost stable source, this ROM is also packed with some custom wallpapers (avaliable on ShishuWalls), ringtones, fonts, and themes to bring to your device into a more fresh look and give you always a good experience.

Also, we got our Telegram Group to talk about the ROM, share some love, ideas or even have fun with us!

https%3A%2F%2Fraw.githubusercontent.com%2FBootleggersROM%2FExtraStuff%2Fpasta%2Fthreadfiles%2F02-features.png

Some of the features that are included on this ROM are:
Code:
* QS Rows and Colums
* Volume Keys: Wake up, skip tracks and switch according to rotation
* Show song album cover, visualizer and battery info on Lockscreen
* Power Menu Items
* Battery LED light settings
* Suspend Actions: Make your device disable GPS and switch to 2G when you're not using it
* AppOps: Manage your apps permissions in an advanced way
* Recent Styles: Dig the new Pie Quickstep recents, go back to the classic layout or use the Android Go layout
* Network icons: Show or hide the cross, switch between 4G or LTE, use the classic icon layout before Pie or toggle roaming icon too!
Also, you can check a full list of Features available here.

https%3A%2F%2Fraw.githubusercontent.com%2FBootleggersROM%2FExtraStuff%2Fpasta%2Fthreadfiles%2F04-thanks.png

Thanks to this people, this ROM could be possible, so, i have to give a big thanks to:
Code:
* Shishu (For being there)
* Ground Zero ROMs Team
* AOSPExtended
* ABC ROMs
* NitrogenOS
* AICP
* DirtyUnicorns
* Lukas Koller (Camera Roll dev)
* fxckingdeathwish (for the amazing photos for wallpaper/headers)
* OmniROM
* CyanogenMod/LineageOS
* PixelExperience
* PureNexus
* merothh
* Resurrection Remix
* AOSiP
* CrDroid
* CypherOS
* PureKat
* theimpulson
* MatiHalperin
* Project Xtended
* Pixeldust Project
* AquariOS
* Alejandro Ponce (Quetzal/Calypso dev)
* PixysOS
* The Memedo Testers team
* Every maintainer who decided to give our project a shot
* You for your interest on our project
Also if you got some ideas,bug fixes, stability improvements or want to help to support features for your device, you can do it by sending a Pull request on Bootleggers Github (check downloads and sources part) or tell us on our Telegram group (Check about us section), will be really appreciated. Got some questions about some terms we use? Check our FAQ or feel free to ask us. We appreciate your feedback and help.

https%3A%2F%2Fraw.githubusercontent.com%2FBootleggersROM%2FExtraStuff%2Fpasta%2Fthreadfiles%2F03-downloads.png

Downloads:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_w0...w?usp=drivesdk

GApps:
Opengapps

https%3A%2F%2Fraw.githubusercontent.com%2FBootleggersROM%2FExtraStuff%2Fpasta%2Fthreadfiles%2F05-sources.png

ROM Sources
Bootleggers Github

XDA:DevDB Information
Android pie, ROM for the ZTE ZMAX

Contributors
Mohzuned, Mohzuned, armandop_
Source Code: https://github.com/ZTE-ZMAX-PRO/android_kernel_zte_urd

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
Based On: Bootleggers

Version Information
Stable Release Date: 2019-04-25

Created 2019-04-25
Last Updated 2019-04-24

Boot logo changed?

So I bought a samsung galaxy s8 plus someone was selling on Facebook's marketplace. It's a great phone and I love it! I use straight talk with verizon, and fortunately for me he was selling a Verizon phone. When we met I wiped his phone and it reset with the verizon logos until I put my straight talk sim in. Now the phone boots up with a tracfone logo for straight talk and has completely removed every verizon app from the device. Has anyone ever heard of a sim card doing this? I've ran the imei numbers and everything comes back as a verizon phone.(I know verizon phones come unlocked) It's hard to believe without root that inserting a different carriers sim would do this. I also downgraded after updating to pie back to oreo. During that time even after a full wipe and restore without the sim in I still got the tracfone logo during initial startup. I'm not complaining I've just never seen this before and can not find anyone else online with similar issues. Just a bit mind blown. Has anyone else experienced this??

Apps Abstract override isn't overriding

I'm facing a bit of a quandry: I'm implementing an interface that isn't cooperating.

Background: this is for a basic HTTP connection to download JSON data. I used the guide at https://developer.android.com/training/basics/network-ops/connecting and implemented pretty much exactly what is there. I'm now trying to implement the interface in another activity, but it seems to not be recognizing one of the functions.

Interface is DownloadCallback:
Code:
public interface DownloadCallback<T> {
    interface Progress {
        int ERROR = -1;
        int CONNECT_SUCCESS = 0;
        int GET_INPUT_STREAM_SUCCESS = 1;
        int PROCESS_INPUT_STREAM_IN_PROGRESS = 2;
        int PROCESS_INPUT_STREAM_SUCCESS = 3;
    }

/**
     * Call from main thread to update the UI
     * @param result
     */
    void updateFromDownload(T result);

/**
     * Get the device's active network status as a NetworkInfo object
     * @return
     */
    NetworkInfo getActiveNetworkInfo();

/**
     * Show progress update
     * @param progressCode one of the constants defined above
     * @param percentComplete 0-100
     */
    void onProgressUpdate(int progressCode, int percentComplete);

/**
     * Called when process has finished regardless of success of download.
     */
    void finishDownloading();
}

And the activity:
Code:
public class DummyActivity extends AppCompatActivity implements DownloadCallback {
    private NetworkFragment networkFragment;
    private boolean downloading = false;
    private TextView mTextView2;

@Override
    protected void onCreate(Bundle savedInstanceState) {
        super.onCreate(savedInstanceState);
        setContentView(R.layout.activity_dummy);
        Toolbar toolbar = findViewById(R.id.toolbar);
        setSupportActionBar(toolbar);

FloatingActionButton fab = findViewById(R.id.fab);
        fab.setOnClickListener(new View.OnClickListener() {
            @Override
            public void onClick(View view) {
                Snackbar.make(view, "Replace with your own action", Snackbar.LENGTH_LONG)
                        .setAction("Action", null).show();
            }
        });
        mTextView2 = findViewById(R.id.textView2);
        networkFragment = NetworkFragment.getInstance(getSupportFragmentManager(), getString(R.string.base_url));
    }

@Override
    private void updateFromDownload(String result) {
        mTextView2.setText(result);
    }

private void startDownload() {
        if (!downloading && networkFragment != null) {
            networkFragment.startDownload();
            downloading = true;
        }
    }
}
(I left off the imports. Package declarations were created automatically by Android Studio and have been verified to be the same)

With this code, I'm getting the warning: Class 'DummyActivity' must either be declared abstract or implement abstract method 'updateFromDownload(T)' from 'DownloadCallback' on the class declaration, and Method does not override method from its superclass on the @override declaration.

I've tried declaring the method private, protected, public, or even leaving that off completely, with no success. I've copied/pasted the function name from the interface just to be sure I wasn't misspelling without noticing. No matter what I do I can't get it to recognize that I'm overriding it.

I'm relatively new to Java and really new to Android so I'm sure I'm missing something pretty obvious, but I can't see what it is. Anyone have any ideas?

Root Oppo Reno software issue?

Okay, so, I'd like to purchase the Oppo Reno, but I've been seeing everywhere that the ColorOS is trash and I dont want it, but i want the phone itself cause it looks so nice. Before thinking of getting this, I had an LG V30 which I was in love with, but was water damaged. I had the Nova launcher installed and everything was really well customized. Is there any way I could purchase the Oppo and root it, install a custom rom, and dodge that terrible OS?

My Huawei P Smart goes directly to eRecovery mode

Hello everyone, so the story goes like this, my phone got the display shadered and so I went to change it, they changed the display but now when I turn it on it goes directly to the eRecovery Mode, there the option to erase the fragments doesn't appear, I can select between:
* Download latest version and recovery, which when I selected gives me a message saying "Getting package info failed"
* Reboot
* Shutdown

There's anyway to upload a new configuration to the phone from a PC? Or do you have any recommendation or advice for this issue?

Thanks in advance

An article about LGV phones

The title is:
History Of The LG V Series
This is an article about the specifications of the LG V series of phones. It's an interesting account for those that want to know. It gives information about each version including the new LG V50. Since the LG V40 is my first LG phone, I have no idea of the accuracy of the article. I enjoyed reading it because it gave the progression of V phones. It said that the V50 still has an earphone jack. That gives me hope that at least LG hasn't yet given in to the majority of phones available in the US and there may be an earphone jack available when it's time for me to upgrade. The article is at:
https://www.androidheadlines.com/2019/04/history-of-the-lg-v-series.html
Happy reading :D

Fix broken sunglasses

I just got some Foster Grants, had for maybe a month, and somehow managed to break the frame right above/between the lenses. I guess $20 is not that big a deal but I would still rather repair than replace. How do I do that? P. S. I'm glad you fixed that nonphoto glitch.

Attachments

• 20190424_081458.jpg
    20190424_081458.jpg
    266.2 KB · Views: 94
  • 20190424_081504.jpg
    20190424_081504.jpg
    230.3 KB · Views: 106

speed tests stupid?

alright i just got the p30 pro (6 GB) and I ran my own speed test where I load a bunch of my commonly used apps (starbucks, uber, whatsapp, chrome, etc.)

sure, when i re-open these apps immediately after loading them (like 15 total), they're all still in memory, but I find that over time, they need to be reloaded even tho I'm not really opening new apps. just seems to be like these speed tests are stupid because the OS, over time, closes inactive apps.

yes, I disabled Huawei's aggressive app killing by going to "battery:" -> "app launch" and disabled "manage all automatically"

OR is it because I "only" have 6 GB of RAM? Would getting the s10 Plus with 8 GB of RAM (or p30 pro 8 GB) make a difference? i mention Samsung cause I read soemwhere it has better RAM management than huawei.

Help How to use Android Studio to do factory reset

Hi all,

I've set up my tablet with a guest account as I had to lend it to a client for navigation. As I didn't want him perusing my personal stuff on it, I set a password as well.
However, I set that late at night, not paying attention and thus set a password I now can't replicate :-(

As nothing saved on the device is critical I don't mind doing a full factory reset and normally this shouldn't be too much of a problem.
But... the tablet somehow doesn't respond to the buttons to get into boot mode, so can get it done like that.

Now I found a tutorial that mentioned AS and then resetting it. But for the life of me, I can't figure out what, how and when to do it...
I installed AS, loaded some extra things and then have to run a command prompt, but then I run afoul... I can't find the adb files etc, so am still stuck with a non function tablet (which I still love very much...)

Anyone can help me out?

I'm working on Win 8.1 Pro 64 bit.

Cheers Paul

Handcent mms messages

Whenever I receive a picture(mms) message from someone, it comes as a group message between the sender, myself, and my phone number is listed as the third member of the group. If I then respond to this "group", I will immediately receive my own text message. Other messaging apps do not have this problem.
Messing with the settings I can remote the + but it still comes through as described above. I contacted Handcent and they tried to help with no success.

Attachments

• Handcent.jpg
    Handcent.jpg
    683.9 KB · Views: 151

[4.0+] AdAway-Ad Blocker For Android (ROOT)

maxresdefault-1.jpg

Welcome to:

AdAway™

What is AdAway?

AdAway is a application used by millions of rooted users to block ads coming from apps and websites so you can use android without constantly having an ad shoved in your face all the time.

Does AdAway require root?
Yes, AdAway requires root as AdAway updates and modifies your systems "host" file in the system folder.

Is AdAway SAFE to use?
Yes AdAway is 100% safe to use, however though this is true, anything can happen if your device dies while it's performing host file modifications.

If i wanted to restore my stock host file am i able to restore it safely?
Yes AdAway has a feature that restores the stock host file and re-enabling ads across the system.

Can i Whitelist & Blacklist Websites Manually?
Yes, AdAway gives you the ability to blacklist or whitelist sites you want ads or to prevents ads from showing up, just ensure you reapply the host file to make the changes permanent until you remove them from the lists!

REQUIREMENTS:

• Android v4.0+

• Busybox Installed

• Root Access

Download AdAway: https://mega.nz/#F!4BwXFKRL!uM-JA-2QrKUcK9A4ULYJ0Q

I do not own or have built this application, full credit goes to Perfect Slayer on Xda Developers for creating this awesome application you can check out the original thread here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2190753

Filter

Back
Top Bottom