• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Update has broke my phone???

I updated my Samsung galaxy S8 on the 6th of April. After doing the update, my screen become irratic, the touch worked in certain places then didn't and was pressing in the wrong place from where I was touching (if that makes any sense)

It then started flickering when turning the screen on and off and a couple of times just flickered black and white for a few minutes before actually coming on.

On the 9th of April the screen has completely gone, it just flickers green and white from 5cm down all they way to the bottom. I can still see my wallpaper behind the flickering. Weirdly the phone still works and I can see the apps opening in the background where I press but I can't see what I'm doing.

I do have a crack in my screen but that has been there since November and never caused any issues. Weirdly my friend updated her S8+ last week and her phone started flickering when the screen was turned off and her phone is now obsolete too.

Anyone else experienced this ??

Redmi note 4 adding google account and browsing error

Guys I recently updated my phone to newer version and it asked for mi security PIN, and I forgot the password so I had to rush to the mobile centre and they unlocked the phone. On reaching home I came to know that I couldn't add google account *it says couldn't reach to server* and at the same time I couldn't browse at all with every browsing app.
I tried every possible way clearing cache, clearing data of play store play service and almost every Google related app .
Is there any possible way that I can continue using the phone?
Please help me out in this matter
I will be very grateful
Thank you

Split Screen settings on Pie

My S8 just updated to Android 9.
My issue is with split screen/multi window usage.
I know how to use it. But, in Android 8, it could be activated by long-pressing the 'Recents' button. Now I have to press 'Recents', then hit the gear, then hit 'open in split screen view'.
Not only does this mean three actions instead of one, it also means that I can't activate split screen from an app that's playing a video without that video pausing, which it does automatically when I first hit 'Recents'. Under the old, single long-press, videos in YouTube and Hulu would continue playing. Can I get this functionality back?

Android box sound no picture

hi,
I bought an android box an MXQ-4K 2 years ago for watching tv while in another country. Everything worked fine until I had to update the box last year. Since then I can get sound but rarely do I get a picture. I tried uninstalling the update but nothing seems to work.its got Kodi v15.2 and Mobdro version 2.1.34 Freemium.
I’ve tried clearing the data, forcing the app to stop but nothing works?
Help please before the Kamikazi in me destroys the damn thing

How do I get rid of a PIN?

I have a Samsung S9 and for some reason it started requiring a PIN to wake it up every time the screen goes blank. I did set a PIN but then decided I don't like it. It never used to do this but I suspect it was a recent upgrade....maybe. At any rate, I find this new PIN thing irritating. I've tried all the settings without success. The online help manual says I can go into Settings > Security > Screen Lock Type and choose from a pull-down menu, but the only thing in the pull-down list is PIN!

Can anyone help, please? Thanks.

Root Cant go in fastboot mode in SM-J400F

I am trying to root my Samsung SM-J400f but I just cant get into fastboot mode. As soon as I type following command :-

adb reboot bootloader

My device just reboots and doesn't enter into fastboot or any special mode. I have checked "OEM unlock" option in develop options. Also I tried entering into fastboot mode by pressing Volume up + home + power keys but it just starts normally like nothing have just happened. Pls help me. Btw, I am using ArchLinux

Open Beta 16 & 8 for Oneplus 6 & 6T

OnePlus have just started the Open Beta 16 & 8 OTA roll out for the OnePlus 6 & 6T to test new features and fixes that may or may not, come to future firmware updates. You will only receive this test firmware OTA if you are already on their Open Beta releases.

AXy3gl4h.jpg

Camera version is now 3.0.36

Android Security patch = April 2019

This is the 8th Open Beta release for the 6T in 106 days

(N.B. Open Beta is not available for the T-Mobile carrier minority variant)

More info to follow

Naked Browser Settings

Does anyone know of a way to set download location in Naked Browser? I really like the speed of page loading and small resource footprint. I prefer to have downloads saved to SD card and use the ask for location and filename with each download as Chrome provides. I like to append information to end of filename and can not find a way to do these two things in Naked Browser. With Naked Browser, I have to go to file explorer to append to filename. And no, the tablet is not rooted.

SD Card no access from some apps

Hello I have the a device that uses Lineage Os 15.1. The problem is that for example, in FolderMount, I receive this error: “you must grant explicit access to the root path of the external sd card to FolderMount”. And I see the access to the SD card is not slowed. How can I enable it? The intention to use FolderMount is because a I have a game that consists of an app and data that goes to Android/obb. The problem is my memory to boot is partitioned in two, one to boot of 100 MB and the other with 128 GB, then I see the system obligates also to write to the 100 MB partition and is filling, and for example the game I want to install is around 2GB and to fit in 100 MB, as one can see is impossible, then I want al to leave inside the internal memory. I,made the test to install the app and the pen copy to Android/obb all the data of the game as is supposed to do, but the game it doesn’t detect the obb directory. I think maybe instead to look in the internal memory, it goes to the sd card partition of 100MB. That is the reason to use FolderMount. Then how can I enable access to the 100 MB and solve the error: “you must grant explicit access to the root path of the external sd card to FolderMount”?

Need 4 part OS files to unbrick Tab S2

I need some help.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 wifi (SM-T813). I was trying to install Lineage OS and many of the techs written about doing so on the device were incorrect in one way or another. Ultimately I was able to get the device rooted (which I was forced to do in order to install TWRP).

When I was looking for information on unlocking the bootloader the few things I found all said it was already unlocked. Eventually I took those statements at face value and installed Lineage OS 16. It said it was successfully completed but it won’t reboot. It has a picture of a battery with a lightning bolt and the screen says ”set warranty bit : kernel”. I’ve been told this means Lineage did install but it can’t boot because the bootloader is locked. ‍♀️ It can go into download mode only, not recovery or to an OS. It cannot be turned off and can only be allowed to die via battery discharge.

It is recognized by Odin in download mode and I have been trying to install stock firmware but all I can find are .tar files for the android 7 that is stock for SM-813. Odin says that I need the four files Bl, Ap, Cp, CSC. The closest I have found was Sammobiles site which claimed the firmware they host would unzip into these 4 files but it doesn’t. It is a tar as well and doesn’t work. I really need some help locating the proper stock firmware with all of the necessary files. Any information on unlocking the bootloader on this device is also very welcome. This is a new device and I’m feeling a little desperate and out of options. I would greatly appreciate some assistance so I can unbrick the tablet.

Thanks in advance for any help finding the Bl, Ap, Cp, Csc files for SM-813 as well as how to successfully unlock the bootloader if I am ever able to get back there.

Remotely enabling location?? Help.

I am trying to set up some sort of anti theft on my s8+. I have cerebus installed and my main issue right now is you can't remotely enable GPS meaning if I lost my phone while location is off II'll be unable to track my phone.

Is there a way to do this? Doesn't have to be on cerebus. I was thinking maybe I could automate my phone so that my locations stays on when I'm not home, and somehow set it up so that location cannot be turned off without the phone being unlocked?

Anyone? My phone isn't rooted but I've thinking about rooting it if I have to.

[Donwload]-KrakenOS-13-BETA-1.3

=============

INGLES/TRASLATE

=============

The following was added

laucher 3 of Pac-ROM
many fotns were removed
the keyboard has no emojis
I removed everything I fence relasionado
has phone and messages
SinpleExplorer was added

and took off next
bootanimation
pictoTTs
and more

this version of arrives has

547 of RAM
1.44GB of spas

and, this version is fast and simple fluid

================

INSTALLATION
MAKE WIPE DE
KRAKENOS13

================
Dalvik / ART Cache
================
system
=====
cache
====
data
====
internal Storage
================
and flachea the file
KrakenOS13-15042019-BETA-1.3
============================
after dela installation as wipe

of Dalvik / ART Cache
================================

[DOWNLOAD-LINK]

[MEGA]
https://mega.nz/#!694hiAya!ufnve_QZdXlsXef_np5b8hMIqEHQAJec5B0ltON83ME

[AFH]
SOON..

[MEDIAFIRE]
SOON..

========================================================================================

=============

ESPAÑOL

=============

Se agrego lo siguiente

laucher 3 de Pac-ROM
se quitaron muchos fotns
el teclado no tiene emojis
se retiro todo lo que valla relasionado
ha telefono y mensajes
se agrego sinpleExplorer

y se quito lo siguien
bootanimation
pictoTTs
y mas

esta version de llega ha

547 de RAM
1.44GB de espasio

y,esta versión es fluida rapida y simple

================

INSTALASION
HACER WIPE DE
KRAKENOS13

================
Dalvik/ART Cache
================
system
=====
cache
=====
data
====
internal Storage
================
y flachea el archivo
KrakenOS13-15042019-BETA-1.3
============================
despues dela instalasion as wipe

de Dalvik/ART Cache
================================

[LINK-DESCARGA]

[MEGA]
https://mega.nz/#!694hiAya!ufnve_QZdXlsXef_np5b8hMIqEHQAJec5B0ltON83ME

[AFH]
PROXIMAMENTE..

[MEDIAFIRE]
PROXIMAMENTE..

ESTA VERSION NO ESTA BUENA COMO,KRAKENOS12 PERO LE HACE LA COMPETENCIA
THIS VERSION IS NOT GOOD AS, KRAKENOS12 BUT IT DOES THE COMPETITION

webview.loadUrl can't find my assets folder when using Capacitor?

I assume this has something to do with the fact that I'm using Capacitor to create an Android wrapper for a JS app but I could be wrong.

I have attached a picture of my code and the resulting "error, file not found."

I created an "assets" folder and added start-screen.html to it. I have this exact folder and file at the top of project directory for the full Capacitor project, I put it again inside the android folder, and again inside the android/app folder. It's not finding that file anywhere. Anybody have any idea what could be wrong?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-04-15 at 8.18.28 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-04-15 at 8.18.28 PM.png
    525.4 KB · Views: 126

Positioning Objects

I have about 100 objects to a game I'm building. I tried to use a constraint layout which worked fine on my pixel 3 phone but was inconsistent on all other phones. So now I'm getting screen resolution and setting X and Y for each object which works great except as you know there are so many phones out there. Should I collect phones and continue getting resolution and manually set each element? Any insight into this subject would be greatly appreciated. How are UI consistently made?

Annoying problem since my phone updated to Andoid 9.0

I have a Samsung S8 and a little over a week ago it updated to Android 9.0. Since this has happened, tracks that I delete in the Samsung Music app are repopulated by the next day. I delete them again, they are back again by the next day.

I suspect this has to do with some type of automatic back-up/restore function, but I have went through almost every setting, including 'Accounts and Backup" and haven't found anything that solves this issue. I also found nothing in the settings of the Samsung Music app. . I also tried searching google and the posts that came up are either outdated or don't fix the issue.

Any help is appreciated.

Bluetooth Connection issue

So recently... my phone decided to not connect to my Bluetooth speaker. It's always paired and played music like it always should have. But today was different. I tried to connect to it today and it wouldn't connect. And so I thought it was just a simple issue that could be fixed by forgetting it and reconnecting to it. That wasn't the case. cause it still didn't pair back up even when I had my speaker in pairing mode. I connected my phone to another device and it worked fine. I have an M12 / M18 Wireless jobsite speaker made by Milwaukee Tools. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Does your state do this?

Here in California, we get an annual Climate Credit on our electric bills:

CaliforniaClimateCredit.jpg

As you can see from it, we believe in science, and know that climate change is real.

This annual credit is pretty cool. Sometimes it covers my entire bill for that month. :D

Does your state do anything similar to this?

I know this just begs for political commentary, but let's try to refrain. I don't visit the politics board for a reason, and really don't want this forced to be moved there.

Filter

Back
Top Bottom