• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nested if statement won't work.

The following nested if statement won't fire. even if I change it to 1==1 it still doesn't work. Can anybody spot the problem? My Log statement "x sum 22" reports the correct value but the nested if statement doesn't if or else its as though it's not there. This is the weirdest thing I've ever seen.

Java:
if (!global0.getLockPile1().equals("lock_pile1") && global0.getPlayer1Cards0().size()<=0) {

hit0.hitSplitPileTwo0(context0, global0);
                        global0.setHitSplitCou1(global0.getHitSplitCou1() + 1);

int p1Sum11 = calculateCards0.calculateCards00(global0.getSplitPile1(), context0, global0);
                        Log.e("x sum 22", String.valueOf(p1Sum11)+" >>>"+global0.getSplitPile1());

global0.reSetCouCards0();
                        global0.reSetCalcSum0();

if(p1Sum11<= 21) {

Log.e("hit","hit 2");

//do nothing
                        } else {
Log.e("bust for pile 1","bust 0");
                            //bust
                            global0.setPressCou0(global0.getPressCou0()+1);
                            global0.setLockPile0("lock_pile1");

global0.setStayLock0("unlock_stay_button0");
                            global0.getStayBtn0().setAlpha((float) 1);

global0.setHitBtnLock0("unlock_hit_button0");
                            global0.getHitBtn0().setAlpha((float) 1);
                            deal0.dealToP2P3P4P5(context0, global0);
                            Log.e("this that","this that other 2");
                        }
                    }

Help Broken display

Hey,

So I have a Samsung Galaxy S10+ which currently has a broken display.
Will be fixed prob on next Sunday, but I still need to use the phone till then.

This is now the second time I opened up an app, and the phone crashed, shutdown.
After restarting the phone, my screen will flash once, from where the display is broken to all the way the bottom, and won't turn on after that, this happened the first time too.

I suppose I fixed it by unlocking it, but I have no idea actually.

Any tips would be appreciated on how to get the phone to actually unlock, Remote Unlock is turned off sadly.

Need for diploma

So,

I'm thinking of moving to Canada or the USA.
As I'm currently working as a junior java developer with only a high school degree, I'm curious to know if I need a college degree to get a similar job in one of both countries?
I know someone who moved to Toronto and he has a university degree in another matter, so I know already it doesn't have to match, but maybe the (formal) education level?

What Android version for Samsung S8?

I have a Samsung Galaxy S8 phone, on EE, in the UK.

My friend has the same phone and on same network and he commented about the new update having quite a few differences. As I had not noticed this we compared version numbers. He was on 9 and and mine was showing 7.0!!!!

So, I tried a manual update and it wouldn't do it, saying something about unsupported modifications.

I have just done a factory reset, then a restore from backup. It is still 7.0, but, the manual update now says it already has latest version.

Can anybody clarify what version it ought to be on, please, and why mine is not acknowledging that it is ready for a new version?

Thanks

Help BlueStacks 4

Okay I install BlueStacks 4 on my computer and my Google activity alert popped up showing the device was OnePlus T3 after I logged into BlueStacks. Is this a normal conversion device for BlueStacks users it uses?.. Because I got a little freaked out because I didn't want to connect my Google account with an unknown device. Have anybody else experienced this? If so would you hit me back and let me know how this works and what's going on with this one?

Searching for an Android Music Player App that can create playlists of rated songs

I have been searching for a music player for some time that has the following functionality and cannot find one:

1) Ability to rate a song. 1-5, 1-10, whatever.
2) Ability to create a playlist to shuffle songs that are, say rated 5 or above. Another playlist to play songs rated 8 or above, etc.

I have been searching for years and I have not been able to find a single app that can do this core feature of iTunes.

can i copy contacts from sim to device without deleting the existing contacts in my j2 pro

Hi, i have sim swapped bsnl mobile sim to 4g and in the process, has lost some contacts in my device. Probably that may have been stored in the old sim.
i am having dual sim capability and if i remove another sim and connect with the old sim, can i see the contacts if any stored in the old sim
if there are contacts, can i copy to my device without overwriting the existing contacts.
Normally you get alert when you change any copying of contacts between sims and devices.
i know that my device have contacts and there is no contacts in sim. This i noticed by going to the display of contacts option.
Experts, please say.
Also say, how to access my contents in this forum quickly, when new questions are being asked

Help Phone crashes on uninstall of Kindle app

Hello, I have a Samsung Galaxy S6 model SM-G920F currently running Android version 7.0

I have installed the Amazon Kindle app version 8.17.0.49 and it appears to work normally.

I now want to uninstall this app. The problem is that every time I try to uninstall this app through the Play Store, the phone crashes and resets. It just goes black, and after a few seconds I see the Samsung logo.

I have tried disabling and force stopping the app. I have tried clearing app data and clearing app cache.

Can anyone help me remove this app from my device?

Can't uninstall Google Play Services update due to Device Administration Settings?

Android version 7.0 Model Number SM-G930V

I updated google play services today. It obliterated my battery life, slowed my phone, and heats the entire thing up. Almost unusable unless plugged into a fast charger constantly.

I found the following tutorial for uninstalling updates:
  • Remove updates to the app (Settings > Applications > All > Google Play Services > three dots menu > Uninstall updates). You might need to head to Settings > Security > Device Administrators and disable Android Device Manager first.
I can get all the way to Uninstall updates, but when I select that option I get a message that says "Can't uninstall because this package is an active device administrator."

I then click "Manage Device Administrators" and am taken to "Phone Administration Settings" menu, where it lists Find My Device and Google Pay as administrators. I cannot disable either of them, as the "deactivate" buttons are greyed out and cannot be pressed.

Any advice?

Filter

Back
Top Bottom