• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Fission 2.6.1

Yeah! I have been following you and Bo's posts about Fission. Decided to give it a go and I am glad I did!

Exchange works!

Will run it for a while, then put on Matted Blue Theme (Awesome!)

Thanks again

Great Im happy for you! Im still on the stock theme. Let me know how you like matted blues. Im tempted, but love the stock look of Fission with the black theme.

Cheers!

Reactions: Raptor912
Upvote 0
Will do. The only thing I dont like so far is the white background on the messaging app and I dont want to use Handcet or Chomp

I hear you man and feel the same. Its probably the only thing that I don't care for. Maybe when you install matted blues it will change the mms.apk? Not sure.

I don't like nor want to use Chomp or Handcent either. I hope Team Defuse changes that at some point. I've emailed Angelo about it before so we'll see.

Upvote 0
anyone know where the background png is that?

Why don't you guys just try installing Liberty's Mms.apk. Changing the background color requires modifying xmls. Both Liberty and ApeX xmls have 6 entires to change colors, while Fission only has 3.....leads me to believe that you have to change other parts in the code of Fission Mms.apk to get it to be the same......just easier I think to use Liberty's Mms.apk.

EDIT:
I actually I don't even remember if Liberty's background was black or not.

Upvote 0
Liberty's Mms.apk works and the background is black, I just tried it :D

Here it is if you want it, I made a zip:
http://www.mediafire.com/?v02xdg4a8ii96dt

If you install and the background is not black, simply try shutting down the app and restarting it. If it still does not change, go into mms.apk settings and uncheck the "Black Background" check restart......go back into settings check the box again, and restart......as a last resort if it's being stubborn just reboot the phone with the "Black Background" box checked.

EDIT:
I removed the link because that is modded for BWC, I will post the stock mms in a few....sorry.

EDIT 2:
Ok, the correct zip is up now :D

Upvote 0
Well that's the deal. I can't find the install directions. No wonder not many people are running fission. I've had a hell of a time finding the download (which I do have now) and the install instructions.

Put on sd card, boot in to recovery, wipe cache, wipe data, go in to advanced and wipe battery and dalvik, back out to main menu, go in to mounts and mount system and data, main menu and chose zip, pick rom zip and install, reboot. Once in android go settings them privacy and wipe all user data....after that when boots back up do a final reboot. Then add on anything you want.

Imo let the market clean reinstall your apps automatically.

Upvote 0
Liberty's Mms.apk works and the background is black, I just tried it :D

Here it is if you want it, I made a zip:
Stock_Fission_2.6.1_Mms_Black_Background.zip

If you install and the background is not black, simply try shutting down the app and restarting it. If it still does not change, go into mms.apk settings and uncheck the "Black Background" check restart......go back into settings check the box again, and restart......as a last resort if it's being stubborn just reboot the phone with the "Black Background" box checked.

EDIT:
I removed the link because that is modded for BWC, I will post the stock mms in a few....sorry.

EDIT 2:
Ok, the correct zip is up now :D

Excellent. I assume install this in recovery mount system etc as per the Fission norm?

Thanks bro!

Upvote 0
Put on sd card, boot in to recovery, wipe cache, wipe data, go in to advanced and wipe battery and dalvik, back out to main menu, go in to mounts and mount system and data, main menu and chose zip, pick rom zip and install, reboot. Once in android go settings them privacy and wipe all user data....after that when boots back up do a final reboot. Then add on anything you want.

Imo let the market clean reinstall your apps automatically.

FYI, you don't need to mount the system when installing Fission. Here are the manual directions from Team DeFuse website.

1. Select the ROM for your device (Droid2, Droid2 WE, DroidX or Droid Pro)
  2. Download and place ROM on SD Card
  3. Open Bootstrap
  4. Tap

Reactions: darkcyber
Upvote 0
I like it a lot. I have not had a chance to check out the black mms that no did. Hopefully later tonight. I look forward to fabers matted blue theme as well. Looks sweet and am particular to the font in that theme.

Overall, Fission is a keeper for me. I think I will stick with this one for a while.

That's cool man glad that you like it. I could not understand why there have been no major posts on Fission here in awhile. Guess we've all been in ApeX and Liberty love. But times have changed, well, for some of us.

Let me know if you like the black mms if you get to it before me.

You're on 2.6.1 right?

Reactions: Raptor912
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones