• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Post your Android Desktop

The missed call/text/mail is just SMS Unread with transparent pngs. The icons are part of the wallpaper, the bubbles are a purple sms unread mod. HERE it is if u want it. Yes the batt/temp is minimalistic text. I can never go without MT on my screens lol. And the app drawer icon is my own creation. if there are specific colors you want I wud be happy to make one for you. The one on my screen is in my dropbox under MISC icons. Its titled MYLAUNCHER2. theres are 3 versions in there. If you want a different color just let me know though. DROPBOX link for you. Oh, and the emails....*hangs head in shame* :eek: sadly they are NOT all spam lol

What's the calls/mails/texts app thingy? It looks interesting.

Is the date/batt/temp widget minimalist text?

Do you have the app drawer icon in white as well :D I'll still take black if that's all you got :p

:eek: I hope those are spams and not important...

Reactions: Roze
Upvote 0
The missed call/text/mail is just SMS Unread with transparent pngs. The icons are part of the wallpaper, the bubbles are a purple sms unread mod. HERE it is if u want it. Yes the batt/temp is minimalistic text. I can never go without MT on my screens lol. And the app drawer icon is my own creation. if there are specific colors you want I wud be happy to make one for you. The one on my screen is in my dropbox under MISC icons. Its titled MYLAUNCHER2. theres are 3 versions in there. If you want a different color just let me know though. DROPBOX link for you. Oh, and the emails....*hangs head in shame* :eek: sadly they are NOT all spam lol

Thanks and Oooo! A treasure trove of cute icons! And you have the white app laucher :D

I need to find a tutorial on how to use MT...there are way too many options/selections...it's overwhelming XD

Upvote 0
However hard it is, it'll get way easier once you start! So go give it a shot.

^This
This thread has loads of good stuff to play with, plus lots of inspiration from themes others have created.

Download and play!

p.s. how are people getting what appears to be custom words for their icons? are they just icon packs? or are they going into photoshop and actually creating the icons...?

Short answer: Yes

Slightly longer answer: You can use all of the methods you mentioned :)

Upvote 0
The icons are the default ones from the GO Launcher, not many there unfortunately.

I may just create some text icons to replace them ... or grab an icon set from somewhere ...

My HTC Desire is my testbed for my "soon to arrive" SGS II (due 4th May-ish)

:D

haha, too bad :/ those icons are really nice...similar to the silver icons I have. The only problem is that there aren't that many icons in the pack and it's PC base and not Android base, so half of them are unusable for me.

You're getting the SGS2...damn I'm jealous. Well I wouldn't trade my Atrix for the world...but still the SGS2 is one of the phone that's a head turner for me.

Upvote 0
For today

silky.jpg

Upvote 0
I'm still pretty new at this... but I didn't want to miss out on the fun!

Here's what I've got at the moment:

device.png

That's right. It's Batman.

edit: and yes, sevenofnine, I totally stole your formats for makeyourownclock and minimalistic text.

oh and if anyone has any suggestions for how to make things look a little better... like i said, new at this and i'd appreciate the help

haha I'm flattered actually! =)

Upvote 0
There are a lot of great ideas in here!

Well, here's what I've got right now. Using ADW and desktop visualizer:

Believe it or not, I actually did that one entirely in Paint.

And my Widget Locker:

A little messier than I usually like, but I still think it's pretty cool.

Bloomington, eh? I hear great little 5 stories all the time.

Upvote 0
Bloomington, eh? I hear great little 5 stories all the time.

None from me unfortunately. I'm too busy with silly things like "graduating" and "finding a job." ;)

What clock/weather is that? I am getting back to WL and I am starting to toss around clock and weather ideas.

Thanks

That would be Fancy Widget.

Reactions: syrguy1969
Upvote 0
WIP. Learning some new things in GIMP. I made the "polaroid"pic frames .Major feat for me LOL since the tutorial made no sense to me so i was mostly on my own.
Need a few more icons and looking for a new dock bar. The icons i do have are
White_wall_text_icons_by_MrPorter. , not sure where i got them...devianart or the icon thread on xda.
Just started using fancy widget.
wip41911.png
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

Upvote 0
Not really my desktop, but as I recently flashed over to CM7 stable I decided to wipe my data/cache and start from scratch. In the process of building my UI from the ground up, I began with a custom lock screen, as shown below.

3097fxh.png

The bottom # after $su is the iPhone style unlock slider. The block under $sysinfo is my battery percentage, outside temps, date, and time. The APKs in the #rm com.ETC.apk are the day of the week and the weather conditions. The rest is just a wallpaper I made in photoshop.

Made with WidgetLocker and Minimalistic Text. Had a bit of an inspiration and just ran with it.

Reactions: Connectz
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones