• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anyone in the UK got their Nexus One yet?

I ordered my Nexus One on Friday. Can't wait for it to arrive.

According to my credit card balance, the funds have been allocated so now I wait! The order is currenty showing as "Google Phone Webstore received your order" so I take it everything is moving along fine

Time to read the whole thread to see how things have gone for other ukers!

Upvote 0
Bill, awesome post, thanks for the info! I'll be jumping on those links you mentioned too.

And I completely agree with Nelien, especially as this is my first smartphone I'm in completely the same boat. My summary of the phone is: it does what I tell it to do. I'm not having any issues with anything. Granted I can't comment on battery life as I've had my cell radio turned off since day one due to a lack of data sim (and no offence to the nexus, but I don't trust any smartphone not to somehow find away to sneak some data transfers in whilst I'm not looking, even with all the right things turned off).

@chaz_uk - YAAAAAAY!!! I reckon come Monday morning (their time, unfortunately, which is 5 or 6 hours behind us I think) your package will start moving, and hopefully you'll have it on Wednesday.

Upvote 0
I ordered my Nexus One on Friday. Can't wait for it to arrive.

According to my credit card balance, the funds have been allocated so now I wait! The order is currenty showing as "Google Phone Webstore received your order" so I take it everything is moving along fine

Time to read the whole thread to see how things have gone for other ukers!

Yay! A newcoming family member! We'll want hourly reports on your progress son ;).

Upvote 0
...but I don't trust any smartphone not to somehow find away to sneak some data transfers in whilst I'm not looking, even with all the right things turned off).
lol funny you should say that, and not so funny I didn't think like that.

I put my payg sim into my Magic when I got the Nexus, it has no credit left.

For those new to Android, with regard to paid apps without demos, the Market doesn't charge your account until 24 hours after purchase. Up to that time you can "refund" and uninstall the app. Giving you 24 hours to decide if it's worth the money.

You can only refund once per application. If you buy it again after a refund, then your charged for it.

Upvote 0
First post here. Ordered mine on Friday, it's currently cleared processing at East Midlands, just has to make it's way to Northern Ireland now! Hoping I'll have it tomorrow!

First Android phone so been reading loads on this forum this last few days only ever had Nokia in the past, this thread is currently killing my N96. Was going to get the N900 but couldn't resist the Nexus One and reading up on both it seems to be the right choice!

Upvote 0
First post here. Ordered mine on Friday, it's currently cleared processing at East Midlands, just has to make it's way to Northern Ireland now! Hoping I'll have it tomorrow!

First Android phone so been reading loads on this forum this last few days only ever had Nokia in the past, this thread is currently killing my N96. Was going to get the N900 but couldn't resist the Nexus One and reading up on both it seems to be the right choice!

Wow, DHL working weekends too?! That's brilliant news for you, you'll have in your hands no later than Tuesday, Monday if you're lucky. Once mine got to East Midlands (at around midnight) and cleared everything (around 4am), it was with me the same day.

I'm so glad I ignored the posts complaining of problems, this phone is just too awesome. Experienced my first touchscreen issue whilst attempting to unlock the phone, but surprise surprise, the edge of my palm was touching the screen elsewhere confusing the poor thing.

Congrats on your purchase, hope it arrives sharpish!

Upvote 0
I got the exact same thing when I ordered, about 15 mins after I pressed the purchase button. Clearly our banks are on top of things!

I'm glad they did.

Sometimes it can be an inconvenience if they can't get hold of you and they deny the payment but I'd rather they cover us (and themselves) this way. :cool:

At least I know the wheels are in motion. I assume Google will be taking their cash soon. :)

Upvote 0
So tempted to order this phone, my current phone is 6500 slide and looks pre historic compared to my brothers Hero, or even my girlfriends Nokia 5800.

My contract runs out at the end of Feb so I can move onto a sim only contract then and save money in the long run.... Arrrrrgh.

Do it! It's one of the best buys I've made so far :). Although I can't really say that yet, can I.. Only used it for 3 days :p Still... Buy it! :D

(If you can afford it that is.. Don't want to be responsible for inciting you to go bankrupt :eek:)

Upvote 0
Haha, I can more than afford it. But I often require people to convince me to part with large amounts of cash. That's probably why I have money to buy things like this....

Is anyone worried about returning it if it has a problem? I also wanted to get it engraved, but I think I'd rather keep its virgin resale value.

I second Nelien's DO ITTTT!! I was bullied into ordering it in this very forum, and thank goodness too, I love it!

I don't think I'll return it as in get my money back, but I *think* that UK users are able to return the phone under warranty/for repairs to a UK HTC centre, so I don't think it should be a problem.

As for engraving - when I got my iPod Touch when they first came out I got it engraved because I knew I'd be using it for the next zillion years - technology in the mp3 field just gets smaller/prettier, and never any radically different. I chose not to with the phone because there's a chance (small though it may be, I really can't see me getting fed up with this lil beauty) that in a year I might want to get a new one, and the ability to flog it to a friend/on eBay is a big plus. And I don't think that'd work with my standard engraving of:

if at first you don't succeed
call it version 1.0

Now, to those with the phone and with a sim card in. Will you search on the market (pretty please) for chapter two of the mystique game? It's a paid app but isn't showing up on my marketplace. I wonder if it's because the price is in $s. Also if you could maybe search for Brain Genius Deluxe. This one's on android.com/market under featured brain games (free, I believe), but I can't find that one either! Doing my head in.

Upvote 0
Haha, I can more than afford it. But I often require people to convince me to part with large amounts of cash. That's probably why I have money to buy things like this....

Is anyone worried about returning it if it has a problem? I also wanted to get it engraved, but I think I'd rather keep its virgin resale value.

If you engrave it, you can't return it. That was the main reason for me not to do it. If you later decide you want to engrave it anyway it's probably easily done over the shelf.

As for returning it, I was thinking about that at first, but then it hit me that, even though Google are having some turbulence around their support I'm sure it will be sorted out soon enough, I mean, it's Google after all and what CAN'T they do? :) Also, returning is done to HTC and there shouldn't be any trouble with that. It's also free within 14 days (I think) in UK/EU. But in the end, I doubt you'll want to return it.

You might need to repair it further ahead though (hopefully not), but that will be entirely done by HTC UK so why would there be any problem? With a 2 year warranty in EU I feel perfectly safe.

Upvote 0
Now, to those with the phone and with a sim card in. Will you search on the market (pretty please) for chapter two of the mystique game? It's a paid app but isn't showing up on my marketplace. I wonder if it's because the price is in $s. Also if you could maybe search for Brain Genius Deluxe. This one's on android.com/market under featured brain games (free, I believe), but I can't find that one either! Doing my head in.

I find "Mystique Ch2: The Child" ($2.99) but not Brain Genius Deluxe.. Don't trust the android.com/market website very much though.. Doesn't even have a search.. I searched for Brain Genius on Androlib.com and I couldn't find it there either.

Oh, btw, did you finish Mystique Ch1? I'm stuck :)

Upvote 0
I find "Mystique Ch2: The Child" ($2.99) but not Brain Genius Deluxe.. Don't trust the android.com/market website very much though.. Doesn't even have a search.. I searched for Brain Genius on Androlib.com and I couldn't find it there either.

That is so strange that I can't find the Mystique game - found a barcode for it somewhere which doesn't work. Maybe I need a sim card for paid apps to appear as I haven't seen a single one. Can someone just pick a random paid app that they can see on their market to see if I can find it?

Not so strange about the Brain Genius Deluxe, the dev's webpage doesn't even list it, it seems they're iPhone devs mostly. Doesn't list anything for Android. Stupid that the supposedly official site for android apps on the web is so rubbish. Doesn't even give a lil barcode for you to scan if you spot an app on there you like.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones