• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][R910] Basix 1.0 (Aito's Revenge) :: Speed, Battery, Smoothness, Customizability :: 7/24/11

Also, if your homescreen app shorcuts are on the SD card, it will affect your boot times and the display of those icons on the desktop at first boot and after subsequent SD card mount/unmount operations.

@K0nane, see the second part of my post. I wasn't entirely sure about it being because of CWM, but i was sure it did work in this case because you, the dev, designed it that way! ;)

That makes sense that it would be slow with respect to showing after boot, but why would there be additional SD card mount/unmount in ordinary use? I'm certainly not explicitly ever dismounting the SD card, so why would the system do so on it's own?

Upvote 0
well that didnt work either... dammit im stumped
wonder why noone else seems to have this problem on this phone

oh well ill try diffrent things and if ill get it to work ill post it here but in the mean time any help will be nice.. ty

Use the AIO, download the ROM from a different mirror, format your SD card, copy the ROM to the SD card, flash the ROM.

It's quite possible that something that a piece of software that I'm working on is "responsible" for the reboot. Since it's under development I've got bugs to work out, but realistically, there is no reason why it should cause a reboot. The OS should allow it to fail more gracefully, shouldn't it??
You'd think, but the same thing happens when Wireless Tether bugs up on the Epic, and it's known to not be a ROM issue.

Upvote 0
Hello im having trouble installing the rom. when i try to install from cwm it says the following:
Cant open /sdcard/zips/basix-r910-10-signed.zip
(bad)
Installation aborted.

i have used odin to go back to stock and then cwm 3 gets installed ok but the zip file doesnt work.

please help

Plan A

Is this the only zip file you've had trouble with?

Try maybe re-booting your router...

Plan B

Maybe one of us can send you the .zip file through an email. Download it on your phone, and see if it works then..

Upvote 0
I hate to bring this up but I am unable to remove the .nomedia file either using super manager or ES File Explorer. Yes root/su permission has been granted to both of those app. (the phone is rooted/romed). The message I get is "unable to remove file"

When using ES File make sure you hit the menu key and go to settings, scroll down and make sure the mount file system box is checked, then try to erase the .nomedia file and see if it wrks. Unless you have already did this?

Upvote 0
I have the rom baxis, but I want this bootscreen; you can help me KONANE; how install ???

AndroidGlow1.gif

Upvote 0
First off I want to thank kOnane for a truly awesome rom. I love the look, the smoothness, and battery life. Everything is running as good or in most cases better than the stock rom.

I've been having just 1 problem that I was hoping someone could help me with. I had teamviewer installed on the stock rom and had it working perfectly. I have now installed it on the basix rom and it will only work on wifi or 1x. I tried wiping the cache/dalvik cache, wiping data and factory reset, reflashing basix, and wiping the proxy settings using anycut all to no avail. I'm sure it’s just me forgetting a step I did the first time around but can anyone help me get teamviewer working on 4g?

Thanks for any help you may have.

Please let me know if I should be posting this somewhere else...first time posting :)

Upvote 0
Is anyone else having issues with reading the sd card? When I plug my phone into the computer the computer doesn't recognize the phone every time I plug it in for some reason. And the phone itself doesn't recognize that the sd card is even there and I have to restart the phone for it to even be recognized.

Upvote 0
First of all - 4G is working for other apps, no?
this was discussed either here or on the howardforums it seems metro is blacklisting certain apps from running on their network so for now the only way to get teamviewer to work is on wifi. im not sure if this blacklist is client side or server sided but im sure it has to be server sided knowing ya genius devs could bypass it easily lol.

Is anyone else having issues with reading the sd card? When I plug my phone into the computer the computer doesn't recognize the phone every time I plug it in for some reason. And the phone itself doesn't recognize that the sd card is even there and I have to restart the phone for it to even be recognized.

i have a similiar issue but in my case my phone comes up as a usb mass storage and then when i open the drive its empty, but it opens fine on other computers so i would suggest to see if it works fine on another pc.

Reactions: NiNi
Upvote 0
i have a similiar issue but in my case my phone comes up as a usb mass storage and then when i open the drive its empty, but it opens fine on other computers so i would suggest to see if it works fine on another pc.

Im not only having the problem on my computer but also on my phone, when I try to take a screenshot it tells me my sd card is not available, also when I try to go into Astro File Manager it tells me my card is unavaiable

Upvote 0
Im not only having the problem on my computer but also on my phone, when I try to take a screenshot it tells me my sd card is not available, also when I try to go into Astro File Manager it tells me my card is unavaiable

I haven't had this problem

Try going into settings then 'USB Settings'

Option selected on the phone is 'Samsung Kies'

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones