• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What case (if any) is everyone using on their Razr?

sean76

Android Expert
May 5, 2010
NYC
So are some of you going commando with your Razr, or opting to throw a case on this bad boy?

I'm in the favor of using a case! I opted for the shiny black silicon case from Verizon. (like I always do...lol) Its ok, very slim and tight around the phone. So in that regard it adds hardly any bulk at all to the phone. I am a little disappointed though! In the past this type of case from vzw usually has sort of a slight pattern on it, which I kinda dig! This one is just smooth with nothing. Which in time will show a ton of scratches from going in and out of my pocket. Oh well, for now it does the job!

What's everyone else using?

I'm thinking of a mophie type battery case when/if it comes out, needs the extra juice. Because the phones so thin, the case would make it around the thickness of the HTC without a case, maybe a little more. With it so wide and thin and light, it's a little hard to keep a good grip on it, maybe just a cheapo neoprene case until that comes out.

Upvote 0
So are some of you going commando with your Razr, or opting to throw a case on this bad boy?

I'm in the favor of using a case! I opted for the shiny black silicon case from Verizon. (like I always do...lol) Its ok, very slim and tight around the phone. So in that regard it adds hardly any bulk at all to the phone. I am a little disappointed though! In the past this type of case from vzw usually has sort of a slight pattern on it, which I kinda dig! This one is just smooth with nothing. Which in time will show a ton of scratches from going in and out of my pocket. Oh well, for now it does the job!

What's everyone else using?

Do you know if the silicon case works with the HD Dock? I wasn't planning on getting a case however have been rethinking that decision. I didn't use one on my OG or DX1 however did have one on my iPhone and think I might get one for this. Guess I'll run up to VzW this morning and check it out.

Upvote 0
Do you know if the silicon case works with the HD Dock? I wasn't planning on getting a case however have been rethinking that decision. I didn't use one on my OG or DX1 however did have one on my iPhone and think I might get one for this. Guess I'll run up to VzW this morning and check it out.

The silicon cases from Verizon is supposed to work with the HD Dock. I got the High-Gloss one and have an HD-Dock. I'll check it out after my morning coffee. LOL

EDIT: OK, no go on the high-gloss VZ silicon case and HD Dock. Won't fit without taking the case off first. Bummer.

Upvote 0
Just curious.... why use a case on a phone with kevlar back, gorilla glass front, spill resistant body, and a mounted stainless steel frame ?

While built well....

If you drop the phone, bottom line is your going to scratch the sides, or even dent the sides.

Plus wear and tear from putting in a jeans pocket will eventually lead to some scratches on the sides, etc...

Plus I like my phone to look as new as the day I got it...

Like someone said....why ask why...lol

Reactions: rlockwich
Upvote 0
I just ran to Verizon and picked up the High Gloss Silicone Cover and it does not work with the standard HD Dock. The box says it is compatible with Multimedia Station however the prongs on the HD Dock do not appear long enough for a good connection. I removed the clear plate on the dock that provides support when device is naked as it wouldn't fit with it on however still no dice.

Upvote 0
I got that bundle deal from VZW, that includes the case/holster, screen protectors and a car charger (which I didn't really need).

This is the first holster / case like this that I have ever had. So far, I like it. It does add a little bit of bulk to the phone, but as someone said, it's still pretty thin at the end of the day.

The holster does really hold it tight in there. My OG Droid fell out of the holster that I had for it, especially after the velcro went south. Because I didn't have any external protection on it, other than a screen protector, it was pretty beat up by the time that I retired it.

The outer shell should definitely help with that, and keep it looking new, even though no one ever sees it. :)

CADman_ks

Upvote 0
I initially didn't wanna cover up the supreme sexy that is my new Droid RAZR. But after careful deliberation, I decided to go with the otterbox commuter. Its very similar to the seidio innocase that I had for my DX. Adds some bulk, but it's still pretty sexy. What I'm really waiting for is a incipio feather. I had one for my bionic. Super thin, preserves the looks of the phone.

Upvote 0
For now I have some off brand semi hard case.

I have an Otterbox Commuter on order, along with the Stenheil ultra clear screen protector. The answer to "why" in my case is simple.

The screen protector keeps finger prints down. The case gives the phone enough bulk to survive two years!

Yes, I'm a brute with these things.

Upvote 0
I got that bundle deal from VZW, that includes the case/holster, screen protectors and a car charger (which I didn't really need).

This is the first holster / case like this that I have ever had. So far, I like it. It does add a little bit of bulk to the phone, but as someone said, it's still pretty thin at the end of the day.

The holster does really hold it tight in there. My OG Droid fell out of the holster that I had for it, especially after the velcro went south. Because I didn't have any external protection on it, other than a screen protector, it was pretty beat up by the time that I retired it.

The outer shell should definitely help with that, and keep it looking new, even though no one ever sees it. :)

CADman_ks

I also went with the VzW Bundle. The case/holster is OK for now. Took it to a college football game with lots of crowds and jostling, and it stayed in holster.

However, I am on the lookout for a thin (but textured) silicone plus a leather holster case.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones