• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Verizon Pre-order, Release date, and speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to make anyone mad, but I think I currently hold the latest pre-order date with a pending shipping confirmation. On the 'Order Status' page, I now show a tracking number section w/ the "+" sign. No tracking number yet, but based on previous posters, I should expect one within the next 12 hours. I'm guessing I'll have the phone Monday.

Pre-ordered 6/17 (in the evening)
16GB in Pebble Blue
Live in NC

rabblerabblerabblerabble!!:mad::mad::mad: I ordered mine on the 16th!!!

Anyway, been following this, and I've noticed only one person on here is on the west coast that got a shipping confirmation?

Seems most are on the east coast area.

Upvote 0
WTF still nothing, like they skipped the pre orders for the 14th!!

Maybe they are doing like cental states and east coast first and it doesn't matter when you ordered? input?

Patience my friend. I had a preorder of the 10th and just last night got my order confirmation. No tracking until this morning.

Upvote 0
THE RECEPTION MAYBE JUST FINE PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really wish people would take a deep breath, and relax a second.

It hasn't even been 24hrs yet and it's "Oh my god the reception sucks" or "I haven't seen a a positive post about the reception".

Well I did post yesterday that that my reception was GOOD!!!! It's just that for some reason people don't read previous posts anymore, they just want to get on here and be negative.

Now for the love of god, give people some time to experiment with locations and different areas before freaking out and READ PREVIOUS POSTS!

Upvote 0
I ordered two S3 on 6/16 at my vzw store. My cc charged this morning and I now have a + next to my order. I was told overnight when I ordered them, I am hoping for overnight,and have them tomorrow.

Likely Monday at the earliest. Tracking for me this morning with std overnight. Saying Monday delivery for me.

Upvote 0
I confirmed with Verizon that unless at the time of your order you specified Sat delivery?

Then you will get it Monday. I am in same boat as you mine shipping today and they would not let me pay for Saturday delivery because they would have to restart the order.

looks like it's the same for me. you'd think FedEx would have the technology to let us just stroll in and pick it up at their facility tomorrow.

Upvote 0
I THINK Saturday delivery is reserved for businesses only, but not residential.

Now what I AM wondering is whether or not I can pick up at the FedEx distribution center near my house. Mine got shipped out today with standard overnight and expected delivery on Monday, just like yours. I'm assuming that because it has overnight shipping it should arrive at the distribution center sometime tonight.

Does anyone know if FedEx will allow me to pick up at their disti center tomorrow afternoon? I sure would like the weekend to play with it (that's what she said).

It depends on the type of overnight it is shipped by. Standard overnight does not have Saturday delivery, but Priority overnight does. Mine is on the truck for delivery today, but for whatever reason it was shipped priority where most are getting standard... :thinking:

Upvote 0
UPDATE.... there is a (+) now !!!!

Now it's been "sent for processing " !!!! OMG !!!!

Credit card charged X3 !!!! Oh man!, Now if they send them overnight with Sat. delivery, all will be well in the world !

Me too! I just hope they DON'T attempt a Saturday delivery here at work, planning on getting it Monday.

For those keeping track, ordered 32 Blue online 6/18 with a 7/10 ship by date.

images

Upvote 0
Lots of people still say their reception is fine on the Nexus...but they are the minority. Some people like myself don't want to drive 2 hours to Best Buy just to turn around and drive 2 more hours because they don't get reception.

I did read your previous post but your one positive reception post doesn't hold water to the numerous poor reception posts that are here.

It hasn't even been 24hrs yet and it's "Oh my god the reception sucks" or "I haven't seen a a positive post about the reception".

Well I did post yesterday that that my reception was GOOD!!!! It's just that for some reason people don't read previous posts anymore, they just want to get on here and be negative.

Now for the love of god, give people some time to experiment with locations and different areas before freaking out and READ PREVIOUS POSTS!

Upvote 0

http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-s3/577873-verizon-gs3-signal-reception-thread.html

Post created for reception topic.

Upvote 0
My patience is running THIN, too many other people with pre order dates further out than mine are getting there accounts charged and tracking.. srsly messed up VZW.

I went through my rage last night that mine still hadn't been shipped. Ive basically given up expecting to get it this weekend.

It is really annoying that people who ordered way after you will get their phones way before you, but there is really nothing we can do about it at this point.

Upvote 0

So does anybody know how good the reception is on this thing?

I mean does it have the same or better reception than my 1993 Motorola Trac phone? If it doesn't then I'm sending that POS G3S back!

I think I'm constipated :eek:

Upvote 0
Heh, I Preordered on 6/6 4pm. Got the shipped on 7/3 email. Then saw the phone actually shipped on 7/5 2nd day, so I don't get the S3 until Monday. 7/9 by 7:00pm :(.

Not catastrophic by any means but still I could've had it by today if I had only gotten overnight like many seem to have. So unfortunately 2nd day turned into 4th day shipping. Damn weekends :p

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones