• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root iPhone 5 or HTC Evo V?

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazydude123

Sep 13, 2012
So, apparently the iPhone 5 may be released for Virgin Mobile.
I just bought the Evo V 2 weeks ago (I used to have the optimus v) and i'm not really sure that I like it because of the battery life and how it overheats really fast even though its clock speed is reduced. I was planning to wait for a new high end 4g android phone to be released but so far i'm not seeing anything, not even rumors, announcements, etc.. Should I return this phone (the Evo V) for the iPhone 5? Or return it and wait for a new android phone? Or should I just keep this phone? Thanks for helping! :)

(oh yeah here are the 2 sources from which I saw the announcements/rumors.)
Virgin Mobile USA iPhone 5 in the Works

Apple's iPhone 5 said to be coming to Virgin Mobile | Mobile - CNET News

So, apparently the iPhone 5 may be released for Virgin Mobile.
I just bought the Evo V 2 weeks ago (I used to have the optimus v) and i'm not really sure that I like it because of the battery life and how it overheats really fast even though its clock speed is reduced. I was planning to wait for a new high end 4g android phone to be released but so far i'm not seeing anything, not even rumors, announcements, etc.. Should I return this phone (the Evo V) for the iPhone 5? Or return it and wait for a new android phone? Or should I just keep this phone? Thanks for helping! :)

(oh yeah here are the 2 sources from which I saw the announcements/rumors.)
Virgin Mobile USA iPhone 5 in the Works

Apple's iPhone 5 said to be coming to Virgin Mobile | Mobile - CNET News

You're asking people on the Android Forums bro.

Although I do have one question, will the iPhone 5 (On Virgin) be using Sprint's LTE network? Or will it just use 3G?

Upvote 0
I'm just asking for opinions on what I should do.
Personally, I am a big fan of android. Android>>>>>iOS. For me the android is great in everything, but the thing is that I find android very unorganized.
iPhone is simple and organized. It has superuser features once you root it. And it gets many software updates, which is a big thing for me.

Upvote 0
Prepare to shell out 700 - off 1000 usd for that brand new iphone. Unless they release new lte android phones for sprint to virgin Mobile the iphone probably won't get lte first (well it possibly could) but one thing I know for sure is that the price tag is going to be ridiculously huge. And if you break or lose it? Well I think I'm done here. ;)

Upvote 0
Personally, I am a big fan of android. Android>>>>>iOS. For me the android is great in everything, but the thing is that I find android very unorganized.
iPhone is simple and organized. It has superuser features once you root it. And it gets many software updates, which is a big thing for me.

Seems to me you already have an opinion. If you find Android unorganized, lacking updates and generally inferior based on slim and sparse advantages, buy an iPhone. But I don't get why you said first that Android is better than iOS.

It is, of course, but if you're asking for opinions then this isn't the best place. Of those who have Android phones, most of us are on forums because we're committed to getting the most features and best value out of our devices.

Features and value: not exactly bywords for anything that starts with a lower case "i".

Reactions: musolff92
Upvote 0

The only thing that android is better with is being fast as hell Apple products slow down when you JAILBREAK them. It sounds great to your phone is taking forever to open an app lol

Upvote 0
Well specs don't matter anymore since they're smartphones and can do what they're meant to do.
(Both the A6 and Snapdragon dual core 1.2GHz processors are plenty)

***************When it comes down to it, mainly the thing which should sway your vote will be the Operating System.*****************

Android:
-google maps (apple's maps are corrupt and suck horribly)
-customization (launcher, roms, backups, widgets, etc..)
-Flash player (a huge factor for me)

iOS:
-Better game selection
-Easier to manage (Restores, jailbreaks, media etc...)

Forget fanboys, chose which one is the right for you. As for me I love my HTC Evo V 4G and wont look back because I prefer customization. Still the iPhone 5 is a killer phone and I'd be happy with it, just not as happy as I would be with my Evo :D

(PS Don't fall for either bad ratings on both phones, Jailbreaking HASN'T slowed down my brother's iPhone and it has been jailbroken for a year, at the same time the issues with the HTC evo aren't impossible to fix)

Upvote 0
lol ok. Here's my opinion

If you want something that you can really fit you, customizable, programmable, UI interchangable, but the evo. It has 4G wimax off the sprint/clear network.

If you want something that is guarenteed to work 100% of the time no matter what you do to it and something that is guarenteed to have no speed or app issues, buy the iphone.

Despite adobe pulling flash from the market, i believe that the evo comes with flash preinstalled on it. The iphone does not support flash and flash is a dying platform so this shouldnt be a major factor but if it for you then thats fine.

Upvote 0
Dual iPhone android user/app dev here.

I personally enjoy android much more because if the openness and hackabillity.

Contrary to popular belief an iPhone is not 100 percent guaranteed to work right and fast 24/7.

I've had more random slow downs and crashes on my iPhone then any android phone I've owned. I use my evo day to day and only use the iPhone for app dev and testing etc.

The ios experience is to dumbed down for my taste and the lack of a user acsessable file system is a major missing feature for me.

The lack of flash is a non issue. Flash is a dying technology and Apple did a very good thing by keeping it out.

This is all coming from someone who prefers android but uses both.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones