• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] Number Two (#2) v3.0.1 {ZVE}

Idrifta love the new update (2.6) but i have a problem please help. My multi media txt messages are not sending on neither 4g or Wifi. And i don't even have a theme or nun just your rom. So idk wat the problem is. Can sum1 help?

Idrifta love the new update (2.6) but i have a problem please help. My multi media txt messages are not sending on neither 4g or Wifi. And i don't even have a theme or nun just your rom. So idk wat the problem is. Can sum1 help?
did you do a data wipe before hand? or restore any apps from tibu? sometimes causes issues...

btw Happy New Year!!!!!!!

ldrifta said:
did you do a data wipe before hand? or restore any apps from tibu? sometimes causes issues...

btw Happy New Year!!!!!!!

Oh well i did a factorey reset when i flashed this rom. And yea i did restore apps tb. But no apps that have to do with mms apk.

Happy new year cali one more minute lol

happy new year to every body

ldrifta can u please tell me if i flash ur speed kernel the one u can overclock will this use more battery u know big time? tanks

happy new year to every body

ldrifta can u please tell me if i flash ur speed kernel the one u can overclock will this use more battery u know big time? tanks

Yes you can flash it over. If you use the same CPU settings it will use ABOUT the same battery life. Don't take my word for it. But if you overclock your phone it will obviously use more battery. I do know you can flash the kernel over in CWM and it will work with 0 problems.

Mitch

What's the best cpu settings to keep the battery no too molested and be able to play some games without overclok every time to play a game

Try different increments till you find something you like. I personally like 1.2ghz.... The phone feels snappier while not being too heavy on battery. I never go over 1.4ghz since over that you generate more
heat and drain battery really fast.

You can use rom toolbox or setcpu from the market to overclock or underclock, or any app you like.

My feedback
-Pros
So I've been using (#2) v2.6.2 and tried v2.7 and these versions are the fastest and smoothest by far.
All apps open instantly and webpages as well
Download and upload speeds are also consistently above 5mbps.
-Cons
Holo launcher has minor glitches but nothing to worry much about (doesn't have stability of Launcher Pro)
These 2 versions consume a lot more battery than previous versions but still manageable

In the end none of this matters because there is a perfect version of #2 for everyone.
For me that is v2.5 with ld-icsk theme and launcher pro themed to look just like holo launcher.

Thank you LDrifta for making my esteem feel like a dual core running ics. You Rock!
some pics of my setup:
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-rNvf6VpBkJ0/UOo6AfSHSTI/AAAAAAAAAxw/Qt8CKzYqYnI/s800/Setup.png

What's the play station app?

That is the official app released by sony to check witch of your friends are online playing and what games they are playing among other things. I use it to see when my friends are playing call of duty. It's available only in the UK for free, but works here in the states.

Here is a link to my backup so you can try it... its pretty awesome.(I'll leave up for a day)
It's free so no pirating here.LOL

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B6OlsKKMS-4tVFk0dmZJbTd2T28

SOunds like the themes are the issue...

It was actually the Data Governor Remover.

I think I've found the problem. It FC'd again after flashing Shiny's Data Governor Remover.

I flashed 2.6.2, Dover's Sangwich theme, Stock Fonts, CameraMod, Shiny's ICS-JB Avy MMS and Pimp My Rom one at a time. Each time checking to see if the problem came back. Each time was negative. But now after the Governor Remover, it FC'd. I believe the problem has been found.

*Edit* A data enabler widget should solved my problems and still let me use the Data Governor Remover. Installing the widget now.

The Sirius stream is choppy, no other audio comes in like that, it kind of sounds like a bad tape deck. Not really sure how to describe it. I love this Rom!

first of all thank u for sharing this amazing #2 rom with us ldrifta
now a Q did u put this governor data remover mod from p-bot on the latest update
if u did not i was wondering if it really works so i can try it and if this wont mess up the rom?

where is the version of this for zvc? also can someone guide me to a link for other kernels as well im learning about the kernels after such a long time just put on black plague and want to check out the other ones so if someone can tell me all the ones made for my lg esteem phone be very much appreciated.

where is the version of this for zvc? also can someone guide me to a link for other kernels as well im learning about the kernels after such a long time just put on black plague and want to check out the other ones so if someone can tell me all the ones made for my lg esteem phone be very much appreciated.
I think zvc is no longer supported by this rom.
Here is a link to all roms, kernals, mods, guides, and addons.
http://androidforums.com/esteem-all-things-root/460450-lg-esteem-all-things-root-guide.html

If I want to use a theme over this Rom like beast candy I just need to make sure all the build props are the same to not run into problems right?

If I want to use a theme over this Rom like beast candy I just need to make sure all the build props are the same to not run into problems right?
no.. most of the themes are "old" and not up to date with latest framework changes etc so would be a lot of problems LOL sorry man

Hmm I may look into it if I'm able to wrap my head around things side note just cause I wanted to push the Rom to lag I installed the full go phone apps contacts sms and launcher and still smooth

Back
Top Bottom