• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [{(ROM)}] The Collab ROM Version 3.0.1 !/AROMA INSTALLER\!

Once complete can we dirty flash this or do we still have to do a clean wipe

Clean unless you want to be an unbrick guide master!

I had the same problem I ended up having to use my computer. Hey 2gig idk how to go about getting this on goo manager but maybe that's a way to go?

I'm thinking rapidshare? Y/N?

Everyone! said:
Dear 2GBSD, when will version 3.0.3 out?

I'm not sure... But I'm aiming for Wednesday :)

Upvote 0
Welcome to the WIP ROM called:

The Collab ROM!

version 3.0.1 :D

What is The Collab ROM?

Well, I'm glad you asked :)

If you really don't care, then just skip to the bottom to download...

The Collab ROM Started here, with the idea that everyone can make a rom together by taking the previous person's work and improving upon it until we have one of the best roms out there with a locked bootloader. It currently doesn't have a lot of features, but in time with everyone's releases (which may get up to version 20.1 ;)) it will be the most envied rom in the locked bootloader community! (Aside from CyanogenMod :D)

Version 3.0.1 of The Collab ROM is basically Scrub's version 3.0w/b with the AROMA Installer so YOU, the end user, have a choice in what bloat you want, or don't want. :)

And currently, thats its only function, removing bloat while in CWM.
Soon, either Me or Scrub will add the option to add sound mods, boot animations, tweaks, and more :D

This thread will be updated with my versions of The Collab ROM.

And fwiw, I may abbreviate The Collab ROM.
So if you see me talking about "TCR" don't freak out are start WWIII ;)

So, now that all the magical fairy stuff is over,
GET THE DOWNLOAD LINK BELOW!

CLICK FOR AWESOME

Just boot into CWM, do a factory reset, wipe /system, then flash this ROM! :D

Do I wipe everything? and just use the 2nd init recovery app right?

Upvote 0
Once again this did nothing :/ I factory reset it, wiped cache, wiped delvik (All in external mode) then installed the zip and this did nothing but reset my phone. What is it that I am doing wrong?

This and other versions of TCR are fully stock themed as of now, so it looks like its stock on the outside, but there are some good tweaks on the inside :) Soon, (if Scrub and I can make %$#@ing apktool work for ICS) we will have some awesome themes :)

Upvote 0
If it's not much of a hassel, can someone upload it to d-h.st or other site?

4shared is asking me to download pgm, provide facebook accnt, try to install video player etc etc.. ><
Normally, I would but d-h.st has a limit of 512MB this is a little over the limit. I'll upload to rapidshare later today :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones