• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How To: Turn 4G On-Off/Access Hidden Menus

so for some odd reason I have tried so much and cannot seem to figuire my issue out, first my lg motion was not able to use any data error issue (Authentication Via Web Proxy server error or something like that) and I fixed it by doing the unbrick KDZ method and it seemed to have fixed the issue but now I can no longer send/receive phone calls or text messages but my data is working I tried multiple attempts to get metro support but they are unable to help as always so what can I do I do not want to completely destroy my infastructsure by messing around in hidden menus so can anybody help me out please?

~Post Update to issue~
Ok so now I have reserched a little more and found some info regarding the fact that my LGMotion has been going into Standby mode after completion and reboots of previous changes or reboots ive done so im not sure I can not find either whether it is a normal/default thing for the device to do nor am I sure how to fix it lol so any support is greatfully appreciated would love to get this back to my lifeline handheld connected girlfriend updater once again lmao

Upvote 0
2. There's another hidden menu ##LGSERVICEMENU or ##5473784236368 the service code is the same 6 digit one from the top
* there is something called GSM/UMTS settings in there idk if it can truly enable them though PIC:http://db.tt/WwCnZZgY PIC:http://db.tt/yV5pOd7U

Tried this and found an HDMI test. When I run it, it says "HDMI Cable Disconnected". Makes it sound like it's possible to run an HDMI cable from it, but physically this is impossible. Any ideas why it might be here? Or is this general software run on all LG mobiles and was meant for a device with the HDMI output?

Upvote 0
LTE Only - 4G Data only ----- no call or text
CDMA+LTE/EvDo - 1x,3G,4G ----- call & text
EvDO Only - 3G Data only ----- no call or text
CDMA w/o EvDO - 1x ----- call & text
CDMA/EvDO - 3G ----- call & text

Could someone explain me what the listed networks mean? I'm new to the mobile data world. I tried looking up the listed things, but couldn't find a useful result.

I got to the hidden menus, but before I do anything I'd like to know what those things, what do you mean by "no call or text" and, which one of those would be best to choose.

Thanks!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones