• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Official MetroPCS BYOD discussion thread

wooo! good news potential note 3 buyers, https://plus.google.com/+CyanogenMod/posts/CTsrtCW6Wxv

cm is finally booting on the octacore. granted there is no:
wifi
bluetooth
cellular connection
octacore support
and various other meaningless things... it is booting, which is huge if the next note has the exynos cpu in it. if it does then maybe when it comes out cm will be able to boot/run after a couple of months.

and if its snapdragon, well official support will be done within a week...

Reactions: mike28
Upvote 0
after looking for some tmobile sgs4's with n4zty i have seen some concerning information on some of these devices.

"It'll go about the deposit Michael, just like now, if their credit is bad their deposit will be high, besides we'd still block their imei due to fraud, they did that one time a lady came in to my store and tried to activate a phone on pre paid, the imei was locked, I looked it up and bam customer owed 1,600+-$ in her contract account, she said she bought the phone herself, not through t-mobile, so I called tech support and retail customer service (yeah we have our own retail line) and nope she got the phone subsidized from us, so I think that either way they'd make their money."

that was in regard to what happens if a person using uncarrier just stops paying, swappa has a few listings of people asking if teh phone is paid off. whats worse is they can stop using their tmobile service, pull teh sim out and the imei is free and clean, 30 days after a missed payment... well sucks to be you if this is true..

if this is the case then i would strongly suggest to be very careful when purchasing used/"new" tmobile devices from third parties

Upvote 0
True. For a minute I considered buying the T-Mobile GS4 from another seller, but after reading about different things that may happen when purchasing a phone from those places, I saw that buying the phone from the retail store was the safest option. At least I have the peace of mind knowing I'm the first person to use this phone and I owe nothing to T-Mobile. I won't have to worry about the phone being blocked because of what the previous owner may do after I purchase the phone from them.... Not that you won't have honest seller, but it's a bit pricey to risk it.

Reactions: mike28
Upvote 0
He's saying locked tmo phones weren't working

t mobile phones has to be unlocked just got back from a metro store in fort lauderdale florida btw

well i was told differently and read here differently ill ask again.

Device Unlocking: Nationwide MetroPCS service is with any unlocked compatible GSM phone. If your current GSM phone is from another carrier, you may need to contact them to have it unlocked. Not all Android phones and iPhones compatible. Use may affect your rights and obligations. Check your device warranty and any contract you may have with your current wireless carrier to see what conditions apply to unlocking your device. MetroPCS is not affiliated with and does not endorse releasemycode.com; use it at your own risk.

Upvote 0
I vote moto X I still wish to be the 1st one on metro PCs in Detroit with it

Depending on official price, the Moto X will be a great buy. Even with my vocal dislike of Motorola, I've decided to grab one myself. Only because I want to drop t mobile and move to ATT's pre paid since it offers LTE now.

We'll find out the skinny tomorrow :D

Upvote 0
Ok confusion was sort of sorted out seems most t-mobile phones don't need to be unlocked from what I was told by my dealer anyways he will be here later to post and answer any questions you might have. Ya know him from Murphys cell repair channel on YouTube. Also he added all IPhones so indeed need to be unlocked. And Verizon iPhone can't be used.

Reactions: divagirl and mike28
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones