• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Random Thought Thread

"A scientist has warned the recent seismic activity could see a 'mega' earthquake in the future."

Giorgio-Tsoukalos.png
According to ancient astronaughy theorist:) ha!!start any scentences with that.... Fill in blAnk
It's a fun parlor game;)
Nessie ftw!

Upvote 0
"She has felt a disturbance in the Force Script... as if a multitude of threads suddenly and all at once disappeared... into a PLOT HOLE!"
Does having the whiny dude from Girls play the whiny bad guy in Star Wars count as a plot hole? I guess not, but is there such a thing as a cast hole? :p

Upvote 0
I can hear this constant buzz in my home, at about 50 herz. It is driving me insane. I can sleep, but I won't feel fit when I wake up.
No one else around can hear it. Just had two officers of the environmental service in my home, listening, measuring it. They confirmed the buzz. Thank Heaven, it's real, and not just in my head. It's the ventilation system on the roof of the new, adjacent building. Let's see if they are willing to work on a (costly) solution.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
So, I applied for this job at work I (of course) fell I am eminently qualified for. This is back in March. The manager sent emails out to everyone like a week after the req closed (3/29), saying that he was reviewing the applications and was hopeful that he would get all the interviews knocked out within the week.

So I waited. And waited a little more. I sent a carefully worded email out on the 8th of this month, asking if he was still interviewing or had he already filled the position.

I got a reply yesterday. So, ten days for him to tell me he's been busy but hopes to get all the interviewing done by the end off the month. He also asked me when I'd be available for an interview, which is nice, but he didn't specify whether this was to be in-person or over the phone.

SO, I'm wondering how many days it'll take for him to make that decision and get back to me.

Perhaps I am being unkind-- he's down at least one instructor, possibly two that I know about. He's got some kind of business he's dealing with regarding the FAA, which can't be fun at all... the man may genuinely be up to his elbows in crap.

Still, will I want to work for a guy who seems to perpetually be a good week behind the power curve? Or perhaps I could leverage that into a quicker promotion by being able to help him catch up?

Meh, gotta interview first and see what they are willing to pay me.

Upvote 0
Interesting... Dngrswife and I are watching Forensic Files on HLN.

So far, we've seen advertisements for colon cancer screening and bladder control products, three allergy meds, a diabetes product that sounds more dangerous than the thing it's supposed to be treating, and several hospitals.

Apparently, people who watch HSN are dying.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I've decided to flip it and let my super make the decisions on what to do. She's s certain it'll sell for 139K, which will get us both a few grand. But, of course, I can change my mind whenever I want and just move into it... until it sells, that is.

In just over three weeks, this house has everything repaired, new 'wood' floor in living room, new ceilings, new pipes underneath, and more. It looks great, but I don't think I can move into it, now that it looks like it should sell at over 140K. After the commissions and payments, I should net over 20K in a month.

Then I'll have to start all over looking for someplace to move into... or flip again.

Upvote 0
I'm playing in a show this week

View attachment 104014

This is about as much of show as I get to see -

View attachment 104015

No cats here, apart from a few wandering scrawny moggies around the campus, but I've been in a show for the last two weeks. :thumbsupdroid: William Shakespeare, A Midsummer Night's Dream.

"NO! you can't play the part of Thisbe, you're too Russian!"

ms3.jpg

BTW @LV426, I thought you guys might all be using e-ink screen music readers these days, especially something like Cats. No more turning pages and forgetting where you are. :D

music.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
BTW @LV426, I thought you guys might all be using e-ink screen music readers these days, especially something like Cats. No more turning pages and forgetting where you are. :D

View attachment 104038

Now that's pretty damn useful, particularly as there are a couple of very nasty (i.e. impossible) page turns. Unfortunately Mr Lloyd Webber has stayed with the old school paper solution.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones