• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root error executing update binary in zip issue

Good morning everyone. I am trying to install any custom ROM to my sons sgh-t599n. The probl I am running into is every ROM I attempt to flash ends up with error executing updater binary in zip. I am using twrp 2.7.0.0, and have tried using different recoveries with no luck. I used philz and it said something like the basebands don't match. So I went back to twrp. Then I found something that said wipe everything except internal storage and SD card and flash. After you get the error reboot into recovery and flash without wiping. Still didn't flash and received the same error. Does anyone know why it is doing this and how to fix it? Would like to put carbon on his phone for him. Thank you in advance!

Can you take a picture of the error and post it on this thread so i have a better idea of what youre talking about ?
And if any .. id suggest vanir 4.4.4 or cm11 4.4.4

Here is a picture of the error I am receiving. I would be happy with any ROM being able to flash on this device. Any help is greatly appreciated

Attachments

• IMG_20151212_151924.jpg
    IMG_20151212_151924.jpg
    536.4 KB · Views: 1,019
Try charging your battery some, then re-flash. Sometimes a low battery can cause this.
Edit: Sometimes a bad download can be possible, try re-downloading the rom and delete the existing one from the sd card, then move the newly downloaded one onto the sd card and try to flash. Report back on results

I'm having this same issue, with all but two or three of the roms I've tried. With TWRP it just says error executing... etc. With Philz or CWM it gives an error about incorrect baseband. OP, did you ever solve this problem?

*edit

I found the problem. Apparently the MetroPCS variants are using a newer baseband (T599NUVAOH1) that is not compatible with the flashable zips for any of the roms currently available. I dug up this information:

Sorry this is a little late. The baseband on your phone did not exist when these ROM's were created. It must be new. There is no way to know if these ROM's will work with your baseband but if you are willing to take the risk...
What you need to do is find the blobinstaller.sh file inside the ROM zip and, with a text editor, replace the other T599N baseband with the one above.

I can confirm this works. I just flashed Carbon to my T599N with T599NUVAOH1 baseband. It would NOT work before, and gave me the "error executing update binary..." Just wanted to put this out there, because I did a lot of searching across here and XDA and found little to no information on the issue. Data, WIFI, GPS, calls, everything seems to work as it should.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is t the binary its the updater-script thats causing the issue

Your welcome GR6 is coming will be faster then GR5 with new features laumches 1/1/2016

this is awesome i just joined today and the first thread i see is the problem i am having with my t599n
i am going to try GamerROM5 hopefully gr6

Es la banda base, seguramente tiene el T599NUVAOH1 que no es compatible con muchas roms solo con el carbonROM, intente cambiar la banda base o el firware, y el problema es la actualización de binario

It is the baseband, surely you have the T599NUVAOH1 that is not compatible with many roms only with the carbonROM, try changing the baseband or the firware, and the problem is the updat-binary

Back
Top Bottom