• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What was your first car ?

LGee3

My parents got me a 1979 Pontiac Trans Am my junior and senior year in high school. It wasn't a hot rod at all but it looked cool at the time. I wcould love to get another one and restore it and pass it on to my grandson.

Attachments

• 412jFcxz+wL._AC_SY400_.jpg
    412jFcxz+wL._AC_SY400_.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 67
Not sure of the year, late 70's though, Plymouth Arrow. I thought I was so cool having my own car. Looking at pics of those now I do have to giggle. Mine was copper with stripes.

1983 Ford LTD2 (Foxbody).. Police pkg, had limited slip PosiTrac, sway bars, overbored v6 w/ V8 carb..

122916-Barn-Finds-1985-Ford-LTD-SSP-3.jpg

Last edited:
My first car was a 1965 GTO. I sometimes regret selling it. Surprisingly I also didn't kill myself (or anyone else) since they were ridiculously powerful with equally poor overall handling...not to mention the drum brakes.
biggrin.png

Added a pic, this is not mine but change the wheels/tires -- and ace the stupid fuzzy dice -- and there you'd have it.

View attachment 143616

Nice !!!!

I remember those as police cars back in the day.
Yep! They didn't exactly tell anyone's that they'd do like 135mph, Lol. State troopers sure got excited tho, especially when I had to slow down to let them catch up

1964 1/2 Ford Mustang....i still have it, but it needs a lot of work and is burried in my garage. the cool part of my car is that it was originally bought by my uncle in '64 and he gave it to my mom cuz he wanted a car with better gas mileage then the mustang. another cool fact about my car is that it has a 260 engine which was an option in '64. most people bought the 289 engine as it was bigger and faster then the 260......so most people bought the 289 making my car a little on the rare side.

My first car was a 1957 Oldsmobile Super 88. I found a nice example on the net. It was all I could afford but at least I had wheels.

I would love to get a black 53 Caddy like my granddad had

Attachments

• cadillac-eldorado-05.jpg
    cadillac-eldorado-05.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 70
Back
Top Bottom