• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The "I'm so old" thread game

I saw many concerts in the "dome".

View attachment 169100

My sister and me saw the Rolling Stones the following year in Bristol...

rolling-stones-bristol-1982-8 copy.jpg

I'm so old that my first commercial flight was on a Boeing 707 and the round trip from Wichita Ks to Dallas Tx cost $35.

I'm so old that as a family we would drive to the airport and set on top of the terminal which served as an observation area and watch the planes land and take off.

Flying is a lot of fun Bear. It's especially fun in a single engine craft. It is an experience one can easily live without but don't hold reservations about flying. It is far more safe than traveling in an auto.

Ever been in a helicopter ? It is not like a plane ride at all.

At a power lunch in a restaurant atop a tall building one day, where many of us attending a business seminar were having lunch, there was a helicopter buzzing around the restaurant, which was all windows.
I made the remark that I have flown in one and it was a very cool experience. The lady next to me stated she was an airline pilot and she would never get in one. I asked her why, to which she replied, "Never trust anything that flies and does not have wings" !

laughinghard

I have flown offshore to drilling platforms to repair the a/c unit.

My first flight I got into the craft and the pilot says:

Pilot - Ever flew in a helo before ?
Me- Nope

P- lets go over the basics first, never stand behind the craft as I can not see you there
M - shakes my head yes

P- when we land on the platform get out and get your tools out and move away from the craft remembering to keep your head down, I am only going to be on the pad as long as it takes you to debark my craft.
M- shakes head yes

P- Your emergency flotation device is under your seat - it has an inflation cord that must be pulled to inflate the lifesaver.
M- shakes head yes

P - In the event the craft has issues and starts to go down, don the flotation device and wait until the craft hits the water before pulling the inflation cord.
M- shakes my head yes, while thinking to my self, You stupid bastard, if this craft stalls and starts to go down I am donning my flotation device and kicking the door open and will pull the inflation cord while jumping out ! ! !

cigred

Back
Top Bottom