• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Double tap to wake

Google pixel 6 pro and what I mean is which app from the app list? You know, when you go to settings - apps and see the list of all the apps on your phone

Google pixel 6 pro and what I mean is which app from the app list? You know, when you go to settings - apps and see the list of all the apps on your phone
Apps are individual packages of software to do specific tasks. The Android operating system is a different matter. It's a complex firmware that manages and maintains your phone, and it's a vital way for us to interact with our phone's hardware. The Settings app, a default in every Android device, is the most common way for us to customize and configure how are phone's function.
It might make it less of a hassle when you differentiate between apps you install (and come preinstalled), and the Android OS when you want to set up your phone the way you want. Start out by just sitting down and going through Settings menu to see all the options that are already available to you. The Settings app is unique and comprehensive, and the options in your phone's Settings' menus are specific to your phone model. (i.e. the Settings menu in a Pixel will have similarities with but also differences than the Settings menu in a Samsung.)
If there is something you can't tweak in your phone's Settings, that's when you need to search for a third-party app on the Play Store that's a possible solution.

Back
Top Bottom