• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

1.1GHz, JIT & CompCache ... can it get better? Umm, yes.

well we all have nandroid backups, i have 1 of 2.0.1 and i could pass it your way if ya get probs... so no worries really. i know many more have dif backups as well :) i can't say i am worried to ruin it cause someone can help me bring it back, i've been lucky lately but overclocking on 2.1 is making me nervous, i mean i am, but i have been getting nervous lately haha. checking my benchmark a lot!

i know!!! but see that's where i started panicking...when i flashed the new image i dont know wut i did that when i rebooted the phone after the flash my phone rebooted ok problem was that it didnt have service or network and when i tried to access recovery console it wouldn't let me... it would boot fine but with no network from VZN and I COULDNT ACCESS RECOVERY so i re-flashed the original image and that brought Nandroid recovery console bak which let me make a restore...but i was FREAKING OUT.

Upvote 0
After pushing the files to JIT, I found the phone to be almost unusable, so I returned it back to stock with the 1100m kernel. It does wonders for the linpack and pi benchmarks, but basically renders the phone useless for ANY sort of day to day use.

Want your browser to come up with force closes every 10-20 seconds? How about voice search, even when you aren't using it. If so, I would recommend pushing the files for JIT. While it is nice to have the speed, it was completely unusable for anything other than the benchmark novelty.

That being said, it looks very promising and can't wait until someone smarter than myself gets it working and stable!

Upvote 0
I so wanna try this but is there a thread that shows all the info in one thread? and also with the roms available for acquirement? there's so many threads and its all broken up with separate pieces here and there, I don't wanna get confused and mess up my phone.

oh and I mean try this as in doing everything from the beginning, rooting and all from 2.0.1 to 2.1 and ocing it to 1ghz.

Upvote 0
No there isn't one thread with ALL that info in it. You need to root, then get droidroothelper from the market and get busybox/flash_image and sprecovery installed. Then you can make a backup in sprecovery, then you can start flashing some rom's. After you find a rom you like you can flash the oc kernel you want, there is a program for your pc that will flash the oc kernel and wifi tether to your Droid but you need to get adb setup first. My suggestion is you use a guide here in the How-To forum to root then goto alldroid.org for rom's and oc kernel. Take your time and read, read, read, search, search, search. Most members will get irritated with others who ask questions that have been answered 200 times.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones