• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

100% Awake Time after Charge

Romparoo

Android Enthusiast
Feb 13, 2010
Arizona
My battery was almost dead by the time I got home today, same as yesterday. I thought yesterday it was do to me using iHeartRadio but now I know that is not the case.

After two days I am not sure what is going on.

Using Spare Parts, I checked my battery and today it was 12 hours 11 minutes and 18 seconds since unplug and 100% (actually, 100.00000227903944%) for the time without sleeping!!! My phone is running 100% of the time!:eek:

I stuck it back on the charger and then took it off and did not use my phone, it is still not sleeping, up 14 minutes and 15 seconds and at 100.0%.

I guess a simple power off and battery pull will solve this, but I am not sure why it is doing this.

I have checked my bluetooth, location, gps, and all are off. Plus I checked with ATK (just in case anyone starts to jump down my throat for using ATK, I went back to using it about 2 weeks ago to see how my phone runs compared to how it does without it, so no, I did not just reciently install it so it is not causing the issue) and there is nothing running that shouldn't be, nothing out of the normal plus I have been killing the apps that aren't on the ignore list.

My up or Time Since Last Boot is 368:57:06 currently.

Anyone have an idea why my phone wont sleep?

The last few apps I installed I have already uninstalled them, they were Call Confirm and Xiia Live, I don't see why they would have caused this and looks like it doesn't matter since the phone still wont sleep.

Have you tried settings>about phone>battery>battery use? That will show you what is using your battery and you can adjust from there. My recent culprits have been Screebl (I'm very very sad and trying everything I can think of to make it work) and Android system. I fixed the latter by going to accounts and sync and changing the Facebook for HTC Sense syncing to once a day instead of every hour. So far it looks like that has helped.

Upvote 0
Yeah, I checked the settings and there was nothing keeping it up. Very strange. It was like a phantom glitch that I couldn't figure out.

I decided to do a reboot by just powering off and removing the battery. It seems to have worked, I am at 5% awake time right now.

I just wish I could have known what the deal was without having to go thru a power off.

Upvote 0
I thought I would update this for anyone in the future that is looking for answers.

Though I never found the cause of my 100% wake time, I did discover something else.

After I did a power off and battery pull I noticed a dramatic increase in battery life!

On the first day, Wednesday, I used my phone all day long, about 2 hours of talk time, some GPS, email, web surffing, texting, some games and apps, this is fairly a normal day for me. I had my phone off the the charger from 6:30am to 11:00pm, or 16.5 hours, and still was showing in the GREEN on the battery bar! The actual battery level was 31!

Day two, yesterday, I used my phone a bit less due to the fact I came down with the flu :(. I did use 45 minutes of Pandora, quite a few text, maybe like 30 minutes of phone use, downloaded a few apps and played with those, played a few games. I unplugged from charger at 6:30am and when I went to bed at 9:30pm last night I decided not to place it on the charger. I checked the battery level and it was at 61%!! I couldn't believe it.

I will now start doing a power off once a week or at the first sign of my battery going low faster in a day.

Upvote 0
Have you tried settings>about phone>battery>battery use? That will show you what is using your battery and you can adjust from there. My recent culprits have been Screebl (I'm very very sad and trying everything I can think of to make it work) and Android system. I fixed the latter by going to accounts and sync and changing the Facebook for HTC Sense syncing to once a day instead of every hour. So far it looks like that has helped.

When you have 100% uptime, also check your Battery History:

1. Dial *#*#4636#*#*
2. Choose "Battery history"
3. In the second drop-down, choose "partial wake use" and wait for it to refresh
4. Top item is the culprit.

Granted, it's usually something like "Calendar" or "Android System" which isn't terribly helpful. It just means that there's an endless sync loop or something. But the solution to that is a reboot, and at least you know it's not a bad app.

Upvote 0
I wonder what is keeping it awake in the Android System? I, too, had this problem this week. My phone was sleeping normally, but after a few days being on, my Awake time since last unplugged went to 100%. The since Last boot was about 40%... so sometime since my last reboot, something in the Android System decided to stay awake all the time.

I've rebooted and it's now able to sleep... Clueless as to what it can be...

Upvote 0
I wonder what is keeping it awake in the Android System? I, too, had this problem this week. My phone was sleeping normally, but after a few days being on, my Awake time since last unplugged went to 100%. The since Last boot was about 40%... so sometime since my last reboot, something in the Android System decided to stay awake all the time.

I've rebooted and it's now able to sleep... Clueless as to what it can be...

There should be an app that alerts you if it notices your phone has been awake longer than an hour without a break.

Then again, such an app might keep your phone awake. :thinking:

Upvote 0
Well, wouldn't you know it, someone already made an app for that:

Battery Detective
by kenyu73
100 downloads, 5 ratings (3.5 avg)
Free
rating7.png
chart

Upvote 0
I noticed the same problem and after reading Google's comment that bad apps hurt battery life, I tried turning on the different apps. In my case, it turned out that the turn by turn navigation program was keeping the phone on. Using a task killer didn't help. Only shutting down the phone resolved the issue. Now if I don't access the navigation program, I am back down to 10% awake time. Has anyone else experience this?

Upvote 0
I have found that my phone starts to stay awake at 100% time after using the Google turn by turn navigation app, when I do not exit the application correctly by going to menu>exit navigation. When I just backed out or went directly home and then turned off screen, I found that the phone stays awake at 100%. The only fix I have found is a reboot, although I don't pull the battery, just power off and back on.

Upvote 0
Well my 100% awake time issue still exist <frustrated>

It does go away with a power off or battery pull and for a few days I get the most life out of my battery than I have ever seen. But then, like today my battery starts to drain and this is due to 100.00000745473% awake time!

So, I just got off the phone with Verizon about it, we tried trouble shooting it to find what was keeping it awake but nothing was found. So...they are sending me a replacement.

Now, for my wifes phone. Her's has had the dialer lag thing for a little more than a week. And yesterday her battery drained extremley fast, when I picked it up it was very hot. She told me it gets hot during charging as well. Verizon said they will replace it but want me to take it in first so they can test the battery as well.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones