• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

11 pin adapters

Saniflush

Looking for a good 11 pin adapter for my Galaxy note 2 so I can stream onto my TV. I've read that they also need to have power running through them as well. is this pretty standard with any of them. Sorry these may be dumb questions but I am new to trying to stream video and Netflix over my note 2 to the television. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Hi

I bought a "Cable Matters" one from Amazon and have no problems with it. Only advice is to get one with a long cable so you don't have to sit too near the tv.

Yes, I think they normally need power from a usb (phone) charger.

Roger

You will need an external power feed to power the MHL connection. The Note 2 cannot power the connection on its own. The Note 2 does not have MHL2.0 which is newer and allows a device to power the connection (ie. Galaxy S4).

You will need an external power feed to power the MHL connection. The Note 2 cannot power the connection on its own. The Note 2 does not have MHL2.0 which is newer and allows a device to power the connection (ie. Galaxy S4).

I actually just got from tvc-mall.com both MHL w/media remote ($12) and another MHL2.0 ($6) adapter, tested it with Note 2 and S4, and found even with MHL2.0 and S4 I had to use power connection. At least the package said MHL 2.0, but perhaps it wasn't a real 2.0 lol!!!

Will do a quick review in a few days.

I actually just got from tvc-mall.com both MHL w/media remote ($12) and another MHL2.0 ($6) adapter, tested it with Note 2 and S4, and found even with MHL2.0 and S4 I had to use power connection. At least the package said MHL 2.0, but perhaps it wasn't a real 2.0 lol!!!

Will do a quick review in a few days.
Odd, from the specs and stuff I've seen and read, S4 already has MHL2.0 and have been reported to work with MHL without the need for external power. However some advised against it because power draw can be high.

Odd, from the specs and stuff I've seen and read, S4 already has MHL2.0 and have been reported to work with MHL without the need for external power. However some advised against it because power draw can be high.

Sorry, what I meant the adapter I got (typical HDMI male out on one side with micro-usb connection for power next to it and 11-pin micro-usb on the other side going to the phone) stated on the package MHL 2.0 which in theory should work with S4 without external power. But I had to use a separate power connection to enable output to my tv. Perhaps I had to enable something in setup of S4 that was off by default.

Back
Top Bottom