• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories 16Gb Class 6 MicroSD Baragain!

I've got a class 2 32gb sandisk and tried some HD recording and it seemed to manage fine. The playback was fine too. Previously I had a class 10 16gb card and I had stutters with that (before 720p update) so I suspect the card type is not always the limiting factor but perhaps the software? Hopefully there will be no more stutters with 2.2

I have the stock class 2 8gb card and now have studders when playing back 720p on EVO. This only happens now after the 2..2 update. When in 2.1 I had no problems and the video quality was actually better. This is true for my 2 EVO's. One stock and one rooted. Both in 2.2. Don't think it's the card speed. I think its the software. I've emailed HTC about this and they have no idea whats going on.

Upvote 0
So, it appears the 16gb class 6 Lexar has been discontinued:

Lexar 16GB MicroSDHC Card - with Reader | Ebuyer.com :(

I see that ebuyer is offering an alternative (Lexar 16gb MicroSDHC Card | Ebuyer.com).

Anyone know if this alternative is also a class 6?

Had a nightmare of a time with this card so far.

Bought one a few weeks back, transferred all of my data to it and flashed my phone. Card then died.

Returned it to eBuyer who then told me the item had been discontinued. I asked if I could have an equivalent instead and saw that same card on there but without the card reader for

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones