• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

2.1 Eris Issues? FEAR NOT!

They will send out an OTA fix and it will be the leak v3 since those bugs did not appear in the leak v3. It will also update the HBOOT to 1.49, thus making it so they can't ROOT.

That's my opinion, anyway. :) Might as well send out the stable version of 2.1. I've been using v3 since shortly after it was released and have not experienced one issue that was not a result of my own doing.

Upvote 0
They will send out an OTA fix and it will be the leak v3 since those bugs did not appear in the leak v3. It will also update the HBOOT to 1.49, thus making it so they can't ROOT.

That's my opinion, anyway. :) Might as well send out the stable version of 2.1. I've been using v3 since shortly after it was released and have not experienced one issue that was not a result of my own doing.

lol .. apparently you have not been reading the "bugs and fixes" thread and various other threads started by v3 leakers, Kevkelsar. ;)

"..those bugs did not appear in v3" is just a mistaken remark.

The OTA did nothing adverse to the vast majority of devices it came to. It seems to be panning out that, a few exceptions aside, it is a success.

The OP here is showing us something that is in place for all smart phones; a feedback opportunity so that the company can collect data in as few places as possible, it's good to have a "hot line," so to speak.

The buggy OTAs, "silent bug," etc, seem to be panning out to be hitting devices that were that way on 1.5. Not every single one, but most.

Upvote 0
Oo I thought I was the only one not getting mms notifications, I did the ota update and added root to it and I noticed I wasn't getting pictures txt or the notifications for them, I called them and they said they were checking the network to see if there was a problem with that. They will be getting back to me by friday to see what they plan on going about it. I'll let you guys know what they tell me.

Upvote 0
+2

after I updated and did a factory data reset my phone has been amazing... I had so many problems with 1.5 (lag, freeze, dial lag, widget issues, etc.) and the OTA and reset fixed everything.

I'm just in my infancy of root, but so far it seems that rooting to a ROM without Sense fixes all of my lag problems. The HTC dialer is just pure crap and that's a shame because phone is the most basic function of the device.

Upvote 0
yeaa, I'm on v3 too. Today I lost all audio when I get phone calls. Verizon is sending me a new phone now. Here I come root

... from what ive noticed in the threads arent all the phones being sent out for replacements coming with 2.1 with and HBoot of 1.49? which i have also thought i read was the v3 version of HBoot? so thusly wont rooting on a replacement phone be impossible too? or am i just miss-reading things.....

Upvote 0
the lady on the phone said i was recieving a brand new Eris, not a refurb. I talked with three Techs are VZW and they all said that 2.1 for the Eris was most likely the worst idea at the time of the OTA. All said its been nothing but a problem and they have a full team working day and night to solve the problems. I've heard that if you go through Asurion they will send you a refurb, but a direct VZW replacement should be brand new with 1.5. Now i just need to find a rom with everything I need. I'm just not sure which way to go, a Sense ROM with overclocking or something else with OC and JIT. I just want my google navigation and a fast sexy eris

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones