• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help 2.1 - Factory Test and battery problems

I went on a witch hunt to see if I could determine what was making my battery discharge so quickly, and I noticed that "Factory Test" was destroying my CPU. I killed it and I'm now checking to see if this will help. Having said that, Factory Test restarted on its own, but it's just sitting there with minimal CPU cycles.

Has anyone else had problems wit this program on 2.1/DD10? I assume that I can't just blow it away...

I'm rocking DD10 and can get 12-16 hours most days now! I use a program OSmonitor (free) and check if I have any programs that are running for no reason and kill them. It's not like a tast killer, it just lets you know CPU %'s of running programs. I had horrible battery life, used this program, and found out phonecrashnotifier was tearing up the CPU. I killed it, and ran the "fix" over at SDX and have had great battery life since. It never gets hot like it used to, go figure. :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones