• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help 2.2 OTA market fix/build.prop question-rom manager

I did search for over an hour looking for answers. It looks like the market is missing apps like it was when I went to the leaked 2.2 and had to use the build.props mod thru rom manager. After just checking rom manager I saw there are 3 new build.props listed there and was wondering if any of these fixes it. I don't want LCD changes or anything like that, just market fix.

Also I just saw there is stock ota 2.2 listed there now...can that be used to recover to if there are any problems.
 
The build.prop should fix it and I think I remember reading that it was updated today.

Do you know which one to use? At the current time there is no sbf to use and not sure if recovery even works, so I want to make sure so I don't brick my phone. There's 3 different ota build.props listed there and I'm leaning towards the last one listed (see my screenshot) Picasa Web Albums - 11435876006415409...

sorry couldnt get it to attach(said couldnt be resized?)
 
Do you know which one to use? At the current time there is no sbf to use and not sure if recovery even works, so I want to make sure so I don't brick my phone. There's 3 different ota build.props listed there and I'm leaning towards the last one listed (see my screenshot) Picasa Web Albums - 11435876006415409...

sorry couldnt get it to attach(said couldnt be resized?)

Just looked back through the tweets for the day and it said no market fix on it. But this did come in as well.

TheRealBeesley
DroidX users on OTA, ro.build.fingerprint=verizon/droid2_vzw/cdma_droid2/droid2:2.2/VZW/22.20:user/ota-rel-keys,release-keys <-- Fix Market

That is who did the build.props.

And this just in P3droid has a sbf and rsdlite up
 
Just looked back through the tweets for the day and it said no market fix on it. But this did come in as well.

TheRealBeesley
DroidX users on OTA, ro.build.fingerprint=verizon/droid2_vzw/cdma_droid2/droid2:2.2/VZW/22.20:user/ota-rel-keys,release-keys <-- Fix Market

That is who did the build.props.

And this just in P3droid has a sbf and rsdlite up

i do follow him at Beesley (TheRealBeesley) on Twitter and saw this but still unsure which one to use. apparently, he said(and added the stock ota build.prop---i think) that his build.prop will fix it if you're only show 4 results in the market after searching us bank(which I am)
 
After just speaking to a friend he says the OTA Market Fix - w/mods is the one to use(the one above Stock 2.2 ota build in the picture) but what does it mean by ''w/mods'' then in the smaller text it says ''no wipe - All Mods - No LCD''

so what the hell does w/mods and all mods mean? lol, i'm very confused. I was like an animal with the D1, Dinc, and Eris. feel like a complete noob with this DX. stupid build.props are confusing me like nothing else. damnit haha
 
If you look in rom manager under his build.props there is one named ota market fix w/mods. That would be the one you want or I would think.
 
alright. i stopped being a wuss and manned up and downloaded and installed it. just created a backup, rebooted. went to market and now have 10 results instead of 4 when searching for us bank. I'm assuming that this is the same exact build.prop as used for the leaked 2.2...came from the droid2? i'm hoping an official ota or build.prop or something will be released, but atleast its working now. thanks tsanuri for the help.
 
Back
Top Bottom