• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help 2.3.4 color change fail

snows34

Lurker
Hi all,

Ive been using google for hours and hours (maybe im bad at searching) and have yet to read anything even related to the problem... 2.3.4 changed the menu button menu to blackish grey from white?!

The color is quite tacky, looks at odds with rest of menu's due to it being a funny greyish unmatched color (why not black even?) and really detracts from what used to be a decent looking menu.

To me this even highlights what makes apple products so good... well thought out, tested from the users perspective not a programmers, AND finally, when an ugly change is proposed it doesn't make it to the release version...

Is there a way (keeping this firmware) to change it back? Maybe through root?

PS. Please take overtype mode off. wtf!

PPS. "It only take a couple of seconds and we love building a sense of community. Come on!"
I sincerely doubt that. First your page is so painfully slow it takes minutes not seconds and secondly I doubt enough people would stick around such a slow webpage for long enough to form a community.

Hi all,

Ive been using google for hours and hours (maybe im bad at searching) and have yet to read anything even related to the problem... 2.3.4 changed the menu button menu to blackish grey from white?!

The color is quite tacky, looks at odds with rest of menu's due to it being a funny greyish unmatched color (why not black even?) and really detracts from what used to be a decent looking menu.

To me this even highlights what makes apple products so good... well thought out, tested from the users perspective not a programmers, AND finally, when an ugly change is proposed it doesn't make it to the release version...

Is there a way (keeping this firmware) to change it back? Maybe through root?

PS. Please take overtype mode off. wtf!

PPS. "It only take a couple of seconds and we love building a sense of community. Come on!"
I sincerely doubt that. First your page is so painfully slow it takes minutes not seconds and secondly I doubt enough people would stick around such a slow webpage for long enough to form a community.

Welcome to AF.

"Overtype mode" What do you mean by that? And I'm also confused what you mean by slow? These forums are anything but slow, unless you are referencing something else.

It all depends on what device you have, I'm running 2.3.5 on my Nexus S with the Voodoo color fix, and that resolved the change of screen colors. (But that only happened with the Nexus S, and Nexus One I believe.) But I'm still not sure which menu you are talking about, please be a little bit more specific about which menu, and device you have.

Menu button? Isnt that a hardware/softkey button that isnt affected by software updates? Could you show us pictures?

Tried to link pics but post didn't go through.

Its a Samsung galaxy s and when pressing the menu button a menu pops up from the bottom with options like wallpaper search add ect. That one has changed colors.

Oh, the menu that comes out with the menu button. Hmm, I'll check with my friend who updated to 2.3.4 as well on his Galaxy S if it changed on his.

My 2.3.4 HTC Sensation: white background; black letters. I think it's a hardware issue, not an upgrade-related one.

Back
Top Bottom