• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help 2.3.6 Wifi Isusses

Nelatherion

Lurker
Dec 24, 2011
Alright, my Nexus S does not seem to be connecting to wifi properly. I am based in the UK but am in Singapore at the moment so I am not turning on Data Roaming because I cant afford a 10 Billion dollar roaming bill.

Anyway, when I first arrived my phone connected to the Wifi perfectly and began to transfer data (got onto Facebook and what not) and the little Wifi symbol was full bars and green.

I have an old iPhone I use with a local SIM card when I am out and about in order to be a cheapo, but I came back to find my Nexus S not connecting to the wifi. Normally if my phone is on sleep it takes a few seconds for the Wifi to switch itself on and go from White to Green. Except it wont go from white to green, it stays as White meaning I have no access to the internet on my phone.

Model Number: Nexus S
Android Version: 2.3.6
Baseband Version: I9023XXF1
Kernel Version: 2.6.35.7-gf563ef
android-build@apa28 #1
Build Number:GRK39F
Mobile Carrier: Vodafone UK

Any suggestions how to fix this?

Thanks in advance

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones