• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root 2 noob questions

jeffzz421

Hi all,
Getting this phone tomorrow and just want to make sure i do things right. So my first goal was to make sure I'm running zva. But i just want to make sure the rooting process works on zva..? It does right? And what's the best way to update to zva if i don't have it? Oh, and I'm also wondering what is the best way to install cwm, i was just thinking about doing it through Rom manager....any problems doing it that way?

Hi all,
Getting this phone tomorrow and just want to make sure i do things right. So my first goal was to make sure I'm running zva. But i just want to make sure the rooting process works on zva..? It does right? And what's the best way to update to zva if i don't have it? Oh, and I'm also wondering what is the best way to install cwm, i was just thinking about doing it through Rom manager....any problems doing it that way?
update to zva with LG Support Tool and then the root tool to root and then yes RM to install CWM. There is a AIO that can root n install CWM, but really need the official CWM for RM to work correctly. CWM Touch is also avail for $1 from RM. ;)

Back