• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help 2 notifications for every email.

luckydan

Lurker
Feb 11, 2012
Hi there,

New android user, I got myself a GSII and i'm having a weird push/notification issue.

I'm trying to have my emails (gmail) only in the social hub but if i deactivate the email sync for the gmail account so it doesn't appear in the gmail app, then i have to pull emails in social hub.
If i leave it activated then i receive emails in both the gmail app and social hub, so i get 2 notifications on screen, 2 sounds, etc...
If i deactivate notifications on one or the other then I don't get any.

Can anyone help me figure out how to have a functional push mail that only gives me one notification per email?

Thanks in advance :)

EDIT:It seems that even when it's all configured to work social hub push mail seems to randomly stop working.

That's sort of what happens right now actually because push mail just stopped working on the samsung app. ideally i'd like to use just the samsung app and not the gmail one but since it doesn't seem to be working i guess i'll settle on the gmail one.

How do you actually remove the account from the samsung app though? I don't seem to have that option (or most likely, i can't find it)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones