• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root 2 Questions about FXZ

SlayersRage

May 20, 2012
SC
Awhile back I had a problem after I rooted my phone & froze too many apps & had boot loop hell, I tried RSD Lite to try to flash back to stock but it failed every time. Ever since, I haven't rooted or made any mods. My question is can I flash my. 905 OS to bone stock .905 just to make sure that RSD Lite works with my PC now?

Also, I I know there is a way to do what rsd lite does in the command prompt what does that work if I get a boot loop after installing ICS?

1) Yes. It replaces every bit of info on your phone with the relevant bits from the FXZ - if you use the Full .905 FXZ you're putting a (for lack of a better term) virgin .905 install on your phone. You can put .902 or .905 on what you have now, and when done (assuming it completes successfully) you'll have a virgin .902 / .905 system.

2) When you say install ICS, are you talking about an ICS ROM or an ICS Leak?

FXZ will replace all the bits completely - think of it as a Computer image for your OS, kinda like a factory restore option you see on laptops. HOWEVER here is where the leak versus ROM comes into play.

With Most of the ICS ROMs they are version specific - you need to be on a particular software version in order to install the ROM, and you also (usually) have to be rooted. The ICS leaks, however, do not require root, and can be FXZd back ONLY if you stick to 6.7.232 or LOWER. If you install 6.7.235, 6.7.238, or 6.7.242, YOU CANNOT GO BACK VIA FXZ AT ALL, AND YOU CANNOT GO BACK TO GB AT ALL

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones