• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

2nd Eris Upgrade

Ya, I heard January 24th is the target date. Where did you see December 18th?

1/22 was the date on the memo.

Based on the close correlation between the actual updates done on the 12/11 update vs. the November memo, I would think that those updates would be a good indication of the list of what's coming.

Someone in another thread on this forum mentioned it in the context of the lockup problems people have been experiencing since the 1st upgrade last Friday.

I just read on another site that HTC/VZW are scheduling another update on the 18th of this month, before the 2.x update.

Hopefully this is true and meant to address some of these issues, especially the phone freezing.

Where did you read this? It would be interesting to see what went wrong with the first update but I wasn't able to find anything about it.

Someone on a different forum said that a Verizon tech at a store told them that... so take it with a grain of salt.

I'm just crossing my fingers it's true.

I think you mean this...........just a rumor

No update coming. Not til Jan 22. And that update will more than likely be a bugfix just like the December 11th one.

Pretty soon every smart phone on the market will be getting weekly updates. Some of the updates will be to improve the phone in one way or another, while the other updates will be to fix what the original updates screwed up.

Back
Top Bottom