• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ##3283# Settings for Virgin Mobile

Hi everyone, this is my first time posting a thread and it might be in the wrong section (I don't know). Any who, people, this is the problem. I rooted my HTC Evo V 4G and for all roms, except for one, there is no wifi or 4G is working. And on the ONE rom they do work on, my MMS does not work (does work for other roms though). So I was trying to mess around looking for some settings to change and I found this little trick. The MSL code and dialing ##3282# I'm using a sprint rom on a Virgin mobile rom (yes I've tried using stock VM rom and Wifi nor 4G work, MMS does) I was wondering if someone can do me a favor and download MSL reader from the play store, get their MSL password, dial ##3282# and take snapshots of the settings in every category so I can change my settings to that and see if it works.

Can you list the roms you've tried? Are you S-off? What hboot are you on? Need more info to help you out!

All sense 3.6 roms on here should have no problems with mms, 3d, or 4g since they are mostly based off stock roms. AOKP and CM roms only have a few things not working.

Currently I'm using ParanoidAndroid and I am enjoying it.

Hi everyone, this is my first time posting a thread and it might be in the wrong section (I don't know). Any who, people, this is the problem. I rooted my HTC Evo V 4G and for all roms, except for one, there is no wifi or 4G is working. And on the ONE rom they do work on, my MMS does not work (does work for other roms though). So I was trying to mess around looking for some settings to change and I found this little trick. The MSL code and dialing ##3282# I'm using a sprint rom on a Virgin mobile rom (yes I've tried using stock VM rom and Wifi nor 4G work, MMS does) I was wondering if someone can do me a favor and download MSL reader from the play store, get their MSL password, dial ##3282# and take snapshots of the settings in every category so I can change my settings to that and see if it works.

I am also curious about this. I am S-Off with HBOOT 1.04 running CM 10 in my HTC EVO V 4g. I also did everything in Leslie Ann's guide here -> http://androidforums.com/evo-v-4g-all-things-root/595109-fix-everything-turning-your-phone-into-evo-3d-thread.html <- and I haven't had MMS working. From what I have read it has to do with the APN settings but I don't know how to change them in Jelly Bean, they're not in the same place as ICS. Additionally, I have tried a few of the APN editor apps in the Play Store but they wouldn't work. They all FCed when I opened them and they were supposedly compatible with our phones. Any Ideas??

I forgot to mention. I tried to dial ##3282# and nothing happened. No menus all. Weird, right?

I forgot to mention. I tried to dial ##3282# and nothing happened. No menus all. Weird, right?

Not at all, the dialer codes will only work with the stock dialer for one and two cm doesn't have the required resources to use them so even if you replace the dialer with stock you'll still have no joy.

I am also curious about this. I am S-Off with HBOOT 1.04 running CM 10 in my HTC EVO V 4g. I also did everything in Leslie Ann's guide here -> http://androidforums.com/evo-v-4g-all-things-root/595109-fix-everything-turning-your-phone-into-evo-3d-thread.html <- and I haven't had MMS working. From what I have read it has to do with the APN settings but I don't know how to change them in Jelly Bean, they're not in the same place as ICS. Additionally, I have tried a few of the APN editor apps in the Play Store but they wouldn't work. They all FCed when I opened them and they were supposedly compatible with our phones. Any Ideas??

If you feel like you want to fiddle with APNS in Jelly bean or ICS, use the voice dialer and speak 'Open APNs'

you'll get the apn menu to come up. I've tried all that, doesn't make any difference regarding mms for me.. If you find something that works I'd be quite intersted as I love stock jelly bean, but my girlfriend is addicted to sending mms.

Back
Top Bottom