• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories 3500 mAh battery from Seidio

No one fesses up to their bull#$%@ unless you call them on it. I have used Seidio batteries in the past with my BB storm and yes it did give me better performance( although the battery cover was a plastic piece of crap). I suppose Seidio never thought anyone would check their spec and how true they are. I suppose they don't think consumers are smart shoppers, Ebay does not exist and China can't crank out the same battery for a 3rd of the price. I suppose companies don't lie. YEAH RIGHT! Come on Seidio I hope for your sake you can back you s@#$ up cause if not you guys can KICK ROCKS! I know all the users of the Incredible out there long for improved for battery performance but don't get taken. BTW I ordered two 1500mah batteries + wall charger for $10 free shipping and handling. Yup $10.

heard ya the first time.

Upvote 0
jesus christ that thing is humongous......

Yup, the price to pay for all-day battery life with this phone unfortunately.

Did you do any charging in the phone with the phone OFF after it already showed GREEN while the phone was on?

Nope, it was on for the overnight charge, about 10 hours of charge time.

13.5 hours since I pulled it off the charger w/ moderate use all day (1.5 hrs of RunKeeper tracking, some internet radio, some turn-by-turn GPS, lots of music/podcasts/twitter) and it's reading 50%, looks like I'll easily get a full day even with heavy use. Mission accomplished.

Upvote 0
Definitely up time, I forgot to grab the awake time before I yanked the battery to take a pic of the stock back, but I'm guessing about 4.5 hours of awake time.

That's pretty impressive.

With the 2150 I get about 6-7 hours of awake time (generally 12-14 hours of up time), with moderate use: 1 hr calls, 20-30 texts, 20 min nav, 30-45 min Sirius radio streaming over wifi or 3G, wifi or 3G always on (usually not both), brightness at 50% at least, syncs every 1 hr (for most, except email which is sooner), no BT.

Your 3500 seems to give 2-3 hours more awake time with heavy use (vs moderate use for my example above).

Side note:

I realized that if the 1750 is supposed to be the same size as the stock or 1500, and the 2150 is double the the thickness of stock (verified in another thread), then the 1750 is also like double the thickness of stock, so two 1750s (if that's what the 3500 really is) would be the same thickness as the 2150..

Hence, the 3500 and 2150 should be of the same thickness, if the 3500 is really just two 1750s in parallel.

Upvote 0
That's pretty impressive.

Hence, the 3500 and 2150 should be of the same thickness, if the 3500 is really just two 1750s in parallel.

It would be really nice if the 3500 was NOT 2 1750's in parallel, that would be the absolute cheapest solution. If the 3500 is that much bigger, then it might be a single cell (easier to manage, easier to control and charge) and then might actually be a 3500 battery.

That would good.

Upvote 0
So Friday I tracked my battery usage all day (got the battery Thursday night, so this tracking was on its first full charge).

Took the phone off the charger when I left for work at 6:15am

Settings:
-Wifi Off
-Data always on
-Gps Location ON
-Screen Brightness: 40% when on
-Bluetooth off, except for 1 hour

Running Widgets:

-Score Mobile Widget
-FeedR Widget
-Express News Widget
-Touchdown Full Screen Widget (Task/Calendar/Mail)
-Beautiful Home (GPS Location ON, update frequency every 30 minutes)
-Pure Calendar Agenda (Integrated with Astrid, update frequency 1 hour)
-Pure Messenger List Widget 1 (Facebook and Twitter, update frequency ON MESSAGE ARRIVAL)
-Pure Messenger List Widget 2 (E-mail and SMS, update frequency ON MESSAGE ARRIVAL)
-AudioManager Pro (No updates)
-Last.fm
-SwitchPro

Usage:
-Streaming music for total of 3.5 hours (to and from work, using SubSonic. Only played music that was NOT already in cache)
-GPS Navigation for 1 hour
-1 Phone Call of 30 minutes
-Web browsing total time 1.5 hours
-1 hour playing Final Fantasy 2 (4) on Snesoid with Bluetooth BGP100 controller
-Other application usage 1 hour

And....... battery was at 36% when I went to bed at 1:00am.

I am very pleased to say the least.

Aside from the battery life here's my personal breakdown of Pros/Cons

Cons:
-Big/Bulky
-Ugly
-Seidio's questionable business ethics??

Pros:
-Replacement back cover is more sturdy feeling than the original
-Added weight makes the phone feel more sturdy
-And the obvious pro, it lasts all day with extremely heavy use, with plenty of battery to spare.

Usable Accessories:
-Still fits in the MSI BGP 100 bluetooth gamepad
-Fits in Seidio horizontal leather case for Moto Droid w/ Extended Battery
-Fits in Arkon car dock I'm using. Note: You won't be able to connect to USB car charger without modifying the car dock, but you won't need the charger anymore so it doesn't really matter.

Upvote 0
Usable Accessories:
-Still fits in the MSI BGP 100 bluetooth gamepad
-Fits in Seidio horizontal leather case for Moto Droid w/ Extended Battery
-Fits in Arkon car dock I'm using. Note: You won't be able to connect to USB car charger without modifying the car dock, but you won't need the charger anymore so it doesn't really matter.

I thought none of the bluetooth gamepads worked with our current build?

Was there some sort of stealth update I'm not aware of, or do you just mean that it fits physically?

Upvote 0
I thought none of the bluetooth gamepads worked with our current build?

Was there some sort of stealth update I'm not aware of, or do you just mean that it fits physically?

I was referring to the physical fit, but yeah, I think you missed it. I posted about it working a few times when I was beta testing the drivers last month. The BGP 100 has worked since GamePro released their drivers with GamePro version 2.02.02.

Upvote 0
Outstanding! This phone has great emulator support, but gaming on a touchscreen leaves a lot to be desired.

Is this fix just for the BGP 100 or was there a fix for the other bluetooth devices (Wii controller, etc)?

I was referring to the physical fit, but yeah, I think you missed it. I posted about it working a few times when I was beta testing the drivers last month. The BGP 100 has worked since GamePro released their drivers with GamePro version 2.02.02.

Upvote 0
Outstanding! This phone has great emulator support, but gaming on a touchscreen leaves a lot to be desired.

Is this fix just for the BGP 100 or was there a fix for the other bluetooth devices (Wii controller, etc)?

I think it might also apply to the Zeemote, but GamePro only supports ZeeMote and BGP 100 at the moment.

I really like the BGP personally, since it turns the phone into a gameboy, essentially. You don't have to prop the phone up.

It's also the only one I tested, so I'm biased.

Upvote 0
Here is a direct thickness comparison:

915210844_Nbmpm-M.jpg

Measuring by pixels, it is a 72% increase in thickness, not accounting for the camera sticking out with the stock back. I do slightly notice the thickness difference in my pocket, but I like the extra chunkiness in my hand - but I have huge hands so I'm probably not typical there.

I charged it overnight, took it off 6.5 hours ago and it's still reading 70%, and that's with a 1.5 hour walk with GPS enabled for RunKeeper tracking. Using wifi at home the rest of the time with constant twitter reading and some internet radio. I forgot to check up/awake time before switching for this picture, so I'll have to do that tomorrow.

Very pleased so far, I'd be well on my way to my second charge already with stock batt.

It would be nice to see a comparison of the 2150 and 3500. 3500 has equal steps and the 2150 has a mini and mega step. Seems the mini step is the size difference (duh).

Due to the size and shape of the back cover, I am surprised it can not be used as a stand ;)

Upvote 0
I posted this in the other thread about this battery. I'll post it here too in case some people are only following one of them.

Ok, it got here. To tell you the truth its not that bad. I does in fact still fit in my pocket. It has the same nice soft material that is on the original case. The shape seems to fit well in my hand.
Here are some pics (click to enlarge):

OP(and others): feel free to put these in your first post or do whatever you want with them.

I am confused. Did you add the "HTC" to the cover? The Seidio is plain with Seidio "scored" at the bottom.

Upvote 0
Measuring by pixels, it is a 72% increase in thickness, not accounting for the camera sticking out with the stock back.
Thanks for the pix! I measured the stock thickness (including a Steinheil, so slightly overestimated) at 12.2 mm...so a 72% increase would be 8.78 (heck, let's call it 8.75) mm thicker? Assuming that's right, if they make a case for it, a phone with the 2150 should certainly fit...with a bit of extra padding.:)

Upvote 0
I put my 3500 mAh battery in my EVO about 11am (EST) this morning ... it fits quite snug. I then took the rubber case and fit it just as easy over the back. Needless to say, nearly 7 hours later, the battery is down to 75% and the battery hasn't physically moved neither! It adds about 3 - 4mm to the back, but it's well worth it. I don't have to worry about a dying battery and it fits very well in my side pouch and hand!

I'm just sayin.

Woot! Woot!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones