• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

3dEvo: Pre-release miscellany

In your situation I would go to the store early. There may be a line but i'm pretty sure they will have a decent amount of them considering the amount of press it has gotten. Thats just my opinion though :rolleyes:

I have a special (crappy) situation because I am on a Sprint Sero plan and will be looking to get Sero Premium. Everything I have gathered says I need to order over the phone. So I will probably not get it until Monday or Tuesday:mad:

If I had the option I would totaly get up early and wait at the store.

Yes, through Telesales is the only "official" way that Sprint allows you to upgrade, however, there are a ton of reports of people getting them through Best Buy or RS. Essentially, the big difference is that you need to tell them not to change your plan, and since they won't be able to add the $10 4G/whatever you want to call it fee through their system, they need to call Sprint to manually get it added and activated. If you find someone who will work with you, you'll have very little trouble.

Reactions: marctronixx
Upvote 0
Yes, through Telesales is the only "official" way that Sprint allows you to upgrade, however, there are a ton of reports of people getting them through Best Buy or RS. Essentially, the big difference is that you need to tell them not to change your plan, and since they won't be able to add the $10 4G/whatever you want to call it fee through their system, they need to call Sprint to manually get it added and activated. If you find someone who will work with you, you'll have very little trouble.

Though I do want it on friday I'm too afraid to rock the boat :p I've been on Sero for a while now and would hate to lose it with an upgrade mistake. So I guess I should change the smiley at the end.

So I will probably not get it until Monday or Tuesday:(

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

I had yourfriendmat check that yesterday - it's a release-day OTA, evidently not available for manual update yet.

The patch we want is for the s-off security change. Patches are better known as updates - I like them, myself.

Not surprising. The EVO 4G had a release day update also. I remember because since the EVO was my first Android phone, I was asking the Best Buy rep if updates end up hard resetting the phone automatically, just like Windows Mobile. Thankfully, that wasn't the case (even though I probably would be better suited hard resetting before doing updates).

Reactions: marctronixx
Upvote 0
Personally, I'm kinda glad. Ensures that people who have been waiting for it can get it, even if they didn't pre order. Like I might have to order online tomorrow if the Sprint store doesn't honor the Sprint site's 7/23 port in credit.

Maybe they're holding out for the initial release shipments to restock to cut down on stocks running out?

Upvote 0
I saw in the fliers in the store that it ends 6/23/2011, but according to the website, it ends 7/23/2011. If I have to order the thing online on Friday because the store no longer endorses it on the 24th, I'd be a little irate.

Thanks jerofld! I didn't realize the website said 7/23/2011. I was resigned to not getting the deal. I just printed the page and also bookmarked it on my current phone so, if need be, I'm armed and ready to argue tomorrow when I get my phone. :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones