• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

3G is on in Washington DC!

asterix2112

Lurker
Oct 27, 2008
Noticed it turned on yesterday. 3G is on in the Washington DC area. Worked 3G all the way from my work in Gaithersburg, MD to home in Annandale, VA. Much faster! Don;t think it's officially announced yet, but it's on and working.

Works all the way till I get in my house! (My house is in a valley and get's really bad cell reception, but I have WiFi there)

- John

Noticed it turned on yesterday. 3G is on in the Washington DC area. Worked 3G all the way from my work in Gaithersburg, MD to home in Annandale, VA. Much faster! Don;t think it's officially announced yet, but it's on and working.

Works all the way till I get in my house! (My house is in a valley and get's really bad cell reception, but I have WiFi there)

- John

Hold your horses! T-mo's coverage map conspicuously absents 3G from the DC area. Though I too have the "3G" annunciator displayed in Tysons, it is sporadic and download speeds are irregular at best. I suspect that they are prepping our region for the upgrade, but I'll assume that a full market rollout is yet to come.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones