• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help 3G timer?

dobo

Lurker
Hi,

I am wondering if anyone can help me. I am having a discussion with my mobile provider about 2G and 3G. I think they dont have decent 3G coverage but they are blaming my phone and have already sent out a new sim card, but the issue remains.

So I was wondering if there was an app that would time how much time i was on 3G and how much time I was on 2G. I have looked at a couple like Watchdog but it only shows data downloaded.

Thanks in advanced
Donal
 
One way you could do it would be to set up your phone to use WCDMA networks (3G) only and then look at the time without a signal stat in the mobile network statistics under battery stats.

The problem with that is that when you don't have a 3G signal it won't fall back to 2G and thus you won't be able to use your phone.

I'm not sure if there is an app that will do exactly what you want.
 
One way you could do it would be to set up your phone to use WCDMA networks (3G) only and then look at the time without a signal stat in the mobile network statistics under battery stats.

The problem with that is that when you don't have a 3G signal it won't fall back to 2G and thus you won't be able to use your phone.

I'm not sure if there is an app that will do exactly what you want.

Thanks for the advice Matttye

I didnt need to disable it for long so it was no harm. I have reported the issue to my network provider and awaiting a reply.
 
Back
Top Bottom