• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help 3UK 2.1 problems

Hi everyone, I've just updated my Hero to 2.1 on 3uk but I've got some queries-

First off, am I the only one missing features of 2.1? Features like the 3D photo gallery and new app page/launcher aren't there, could they be found in other networks' updates?

Secondly, I use Advanced Task Killer Free regularly and it shows that I have much less free memory on average after the update than beforehand. Are new processes eating up my memory?

Thank you very much :)
 
The decrease in free memory is typical of 2.1. Android as an operating system is designed to keep it's RAM full, to keep apps ready to go (which is why using a task manager is not actually always recommended). Android 2.1 is just better at this than 1.5, it's nothing to worry about.

I'm not sure what you're referring to as the new app launcher, but HTC didn't include the 3D Gallery or Live Wallpapers in our release of 2.1.
 
You can get the 3D Gallery APK by doing a google search ;)

I don't know why it was not included with the 3 2.1 update as it works fine on my 3 Hero
 
Back
Top Bottom