• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

4-11-11, froyo confirmed via VM sms

:)

You are lucky! At least you received message. I am still waiting for it. So may be you are the lucky first 5000! Virgin Mobile USA and Sprint have raised perfect Froyo release expectations too high by postponing release couple of times and mentioning perfect release in their Facebook, Twitter and E-Mail replies. The bar is raised very high for them by themselves!

I am also expecting and praying for Froyo to be perfect.

Could you or any first few lucky ones, please do the following?

Install any free Logcat App from Android Market and install on your phone this weekend prior to 4/11/2011.
When you see update ready notification on your phone, run Logcat App first.
Then, only download the update and choose option to install it later.
Check the log file created by Logcat and send the output to sdx-developers Forum. Especially, cut and paste the Google/VM/Sprint server names where Update is coming from and any user id and password (if there are any at all).
Also, please check whether your SD card shows update.zip in root folder of SD card.
If yes, please copy that file from your SD card root folder to your PC and post it to sdx-developers Forum.

This will help all rooted Samsung Intercept users on Virgin Mobile to get Update.zip of official Froyo Release.

Some people can decide to wait a week or more to get feed back from first few brave Froyo update receivers.

:D

Upvote 0
I also got the message. :)
As my phone is completely stock,it would be interesting to know from those that did not get the message, if they are running a 100% stock VM rom? In other words, the original 2.1 and not rooted?
Im wondering if the message recipient is based on the answer from a "ping" of the phone's version from VM that is looking for a stock 2.1 OS that has the correct checksum...

Upvote 0
I also got the message. :)
As my phone is completely stock,it would be interesting to know from those that did not get the message, if they are running a 100% stock VM rom? In other words, the original 2.1 and not rooted?
Im wondering if the message recipient is based on the answer from a "ping" of the phone's version from VM that is looking for a stock 2.1 OS that has the correct checksum...

I'm rooted and running cute rom atm so I think they just randomly selected people.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones