• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

4G Towers and Reception

sonicbluemustang

Android Enthusiast
They recently updated the sensorly map in my area and I was amazed how accurate it is. I will post the link below shortly.
http://www.sensorly.com/map/4G/US/USA/Sprint/lte_310sprint
I want to understand more about the towers equipment. It seems that the drums that are installed are directional so they don't radiate in all direction. Here is a picture of one of the towers I describe.
Edit; Ok so it seems that on this side of this tower is the 4g drum so when I get to the other side where the smaller drums are it drops to 3g. Which moron is incharge of upgrades is beyond me. Now to add to this they had 4g on a seperate tower going two different directions, but now that has changed and it is only in one direction off that tower. ?Did they use the parts off one to add to another.?. who knows. Yes the map actually reflects the change so I'm baffled as to the logic.

I have some other pics I will post later.

Attachments

• IMG_20130727_150235.jpg
    IMG_20130727_150235.jpg
    399.9 KB · Views: 94
They recently updated the sensorly map in my area and I was amazed how accurate it is. I will post the link below shortly.
I want to understand more about the towers equipment. It seems that the drums that are installed are directional so they don't radiate in all direction. Here is a picture of one of the towers I describe.

I have some other pica I will post later.
it is possible this would get better response in the Boost Mobile carrier section, as then others on boost not just on the zte could look it over.

If you like I will move it for you.:)

Im still waiting for 4G in my area!!I'm about 1 mile from a 4G area.Even tried 4G booster apps to bring it in.Im going to call to find out when I get it???4G LTE with a 1.5GB Dual core processor on wifi is going to be faster than my PC All day!!!!!!

Hey guys they flipped the switch at my house this week so I got 4g with speed tests of 19-20mbs downloads 3-4mbs uploads Tethering on the other hand suks at only 3-4mbs dl speed. Sensorly map is 4 miles away still. WooHoo.:) lets see how long it stays on.

I got lucky. I got the phone a week or 2 after it came out. I had 4g when I walked out of the store with it. Within a week I had 4g at home. I live out in the country so my speeds are ridiculously fast. In town at work they are average. I get full speed with tethering.

I got lucky. I got the phone a week or 2 after it came out. I had 4g when I walked out of the store with it. Within a week I had 4g at home. I live out in the country so my speeds are ridiculously fast. In town at work they are average. I get full speed with tethering.

I noticed that too, in town they were only 4-5mbs but they were up one day then down the next.

I have nothing in Charlotte. Every where within a 25 mile radius of my house has no service while just 3 days ago that's where it was the best. ID call boost to ask them what's going on but I can't make phone calls at all. Hello text plus -_-

They must update the sensorly.com map on saturday nights or sunday mornings cause it now reflects my local tower as producing 4g. I looked yesterday and no update but now it is reflecting my tower update this morning.

Back
Top Bottom