• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help 5GB transfer GONE in 1day

Raven118

Lurker
A couple days ago I got a transfer warning (set on 2GB) and not even an hour later transfer got totally blocked, cause of reaching the max 5GB
I did not download anything since february, so it's really unsettling

I posted the same question a couple days ago, but noone cared to reply despite many views….

Sorry for your inconvenience. Perhaps the folks didn't funny understand your concern. Please don't take it personally. We try to do our best to be helpful.

I'm wondering if you are listening to streaming music or video? That counts as downloading. It counts against your data usage. You indicated that you hadn't downloaded anything and it concerned you that you got data counted against your account. Please check to see if you were streaming video or audio. Let us know. Have a good day!

Steven

I'm guessing it's a warning about approaching a monthly data quota.

Sorry, I'm one of the people who read the earlier one but didn't reply, mainly because I was busy and so only replying to things where I had a quick answer that wouldn't take thinking or research.

You don't say what phone you have or what android version, but most phones will be able to show you some detail on your mobile data usage. Go into the Settings, find the network settings and there should be a section on data usage (precise menu structure depends on the phone and the android version). From there you should be able to find statistics on which apps have used how much data. From there you should be able to identify what the big data user was. Once we know that you'll have a better idea what to do.

(There are 3rd party apps for monitoring this sort of stuff, but that won't help retrospectively so the system Settings is your best bet).

Sorry for your inconvenience. Perhaps the folks didn't funny understand your concern. Please don't take it personally. We try to do our best to be helpful.

I'm wondering if you are listening to streaming music or video? That counts as downloading. It counts against your data usage. You indicated that you hadn't downloaded anything and it concerned you that you got data counted against your account. Please check to see if you were streaming video or audio. Let us know. Have a good day!

Steven
Well… I did not, also, in the transfer usage report it sais that most of the transfer got used up by the Android system in the background and that… I really don't understand
Thank you for replying

I'm guessing it's a warning about approaching a monthly data quota.

Sorry, I'm one of the people who read the earlier one but didn't reply, mainly because I was busy and so only replying to things where I had a quick answer that wouldn't take thinking or research.

You don't say what phone you have or what android version, but most phones will be able to show you some detail on your mobile data usage. Go into the Settings, find the network settings and there should be a section on data usage (precise menu structure depends on the phone and the android version). From there you should be able to find statistics on which apps have used how much data. From there you should be able to identify what the big data user was. Once we know that you'll have a better idea what to do.

(There are 3rd party apps for monitoring this sort of stuff, but that won't help retrospectively so the system Settings is your best bet).

Well, thank you for replying now…. It said in the statistics that Android system itself used most transfer in the background and that I find really disturbing and disorienting

Here's what I did when I encountered that same issue you are going through..

First you uninstall apps, apps's updates that aren't important(even system apps can go to the toilet) and that you don't use..second(this one is the key), when you go into "Settings"/"Application Manager"..then hit the three dots in the top right, then "Show System Apps"..NOW, you go into every single one of the shit useless apps in your phone to "Data Usage"..inside there, all the way down there's a box to be checked called "Restrict Background Data"..you wanna check that for every single app you doing use..or you feel is eating your data away..

I hope this helps like it did to me.

Here's what I did when I encountered that same issue you are going through..

First you uninstall apps, apps's updates that aren't important(even system apps can go to the toilet) and that you don't use..second(this one is the key), when you go into "Settings"/"Application Manager"..then hit the three dots in the top right, then "Show System Apps"..NOW, you go into every single one of the shit useless apps in your phone to "Data Usage"..inside there, all the way down there's a box to be checked called "Restrict Background Data"..you wanna check that for every single app you doing use..or you feel is eating your data away..

I hope this helps like it did to me.

Well, I'm is the Settings/Apps, and I see some system apps (without the option in the three dots (no such option), I don't see "Restrict Background Data" option though… I have options "Force Stop" and "Disable" and I don't like the sound of that

Okay, I searched all my setting menus and found the option to disable all background transfer in the Data Usage Settings
Since new month begins tommorow, we will soon see if it works….

Thank you very much for Thy time and Thy answer
I shall inform you whether it helped or not in a couple days

Back
Top Bottom