• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root 60690 vs 61009

The 60690 is a Sprint PRL and the 61009 is a Virgin Mobile PRL. I'm not sure if one is technically better, but most people prefer the Sprint PRL since, well, it's Sprint.

The 60690 is a Sprint PRL and the 61009 is a Virgin Mobile PRL. I'm not sure if one is technically better, but most people prefer the Sprint PRL since, well, it's Sprint.

its wierd cause my mom has boost mobile is 61009 but she had 3g, but i do not and she gets better service. i had both 60690 and 61009 and nothing really changed

Yeah my friends have Sprint and they get 3G, but I have the Evo V 4G with the Sprint radio and PRL and I only get 1x. There must be something that uniquely gives Sprint phones privilege to faster data. That or their phones just lie to them lol.

Yeah my friends have Sprint and they get 3G, but I have the Evo V 4G with the Sprint radio and PRL and I only get 1x. There must be something that uniquely gives Sprint phones privilege to faster data. That or their phones just lie to them lol.

im in a really weak virgin mobile/sprint area! i really want the 3g and the service

I thought 61009 was the sprint prl :eek:

lol I still get good service but I wonder how good it'll be if I put on a sprint PRL

Yeah if someone could figure out how to get a 3g signal in an area where Sprint phones get 3g and Virgin phones only get 1x I would be very grateful!

To answer the question on which Prl is better I think it's the Sprint one since...

It's sprint! :D

Virgin mobile is just a prepaid subsidary like boost mobile. They use the network and don't get full priority I guess

To answer the question on which Prl is better I think it's the Sprint one since...

It's sprint! :D

Virgin mobile is just a prepaid subsidary like boost mobile. They use the network and don't get full priority I guess

is it possible tp put a verizon prl in it

is it possible tp put a verizon prl in it

No I doubt it would work and that's a totally different network even though it's CDMA. You would have to flash the phone to verizon which is highly illegal in some states. Verizon uses LTE as well which is incompatible with Wimax but Im not sure about their 3g. I bet their 3g is faster then our 4g.

If we could flash a verizon prl that would be epic and we would have full bars and at least a 400% speed boost lol :)

But I'm not entirely sure maybe a dev or mod can answer that question for you :p

Sprint users have top priority to data (for obvious reasons) but they also have access to Verizon's network for roaming which will give them service in places us virgin mobile users cannot or better service in other areas.

There is no way to roam while using virgin mobile and no way to access Verizon's network without paying for Verizon's service or through roaming with Sprint.

Sprint users have top priority to data (for obvious reasons) but they also have access to Verizon's network for roaming which will give them service in places us virgin mobile users cannot or better service in other areas.

There is no way to roam while using virgin mobile and no way to access Verizon's network without paying for Verizon's service or through roaming with Sprint.

so with the sprint prl, could i roam?

so with the sprint prl, could i roam?

No. You may be using Sprint's PRL, but you're still on the Virgin Mobile network. Even though it runs through Sprint's network the phone is very easily recognized as a VM phone and not given the same privileges as Sprint phones.

No. You may be using Sprint's PRL, but you're still on the Virgin Mobile network. Even though it runs through Sprint's network the phone is very easily recognized as a VM phone and not given the same privileges as Sprint phones.

hmm but if it recognized it as an evo 3d which is sprint correct?

it is an evo 3d but our phones come pre programmed to virgin and they cannot be legally changed.
i always use 61009 prl i have no problem with it i usually have 3-6 bars 3g at most times, occasionally my phone will switch to 1x for a few seconds but quickly switch back to 3g, me and my buddy were comparing our phones yesterday he has a galaxy nexus with verizon and my virgin mobile evo with .808 radio 61009 prl we ran the speed test app i had full 3g signal and got about 860 kbps and he had about 2 bars with verizon 3g and got 2000 kbps i was shocked :confused: and his phone was switching back and forth from 3g to 4g. but i guess we get what we pay for :D and im totally fine with it.

Your phone doesn't matter, you are authenticated with your virgin mobile account and only have access to the towers owned by Sprint.

If you try to connect to a Verizon tower with a virgin mobile account you will just get a connection refused error.

If you're not getting 3G, try a ##CLEAR# Reset. Just dial ##Clear# on your phone and then hit "menu", "Reset", and then "yes". It takes about 10 minutes.

I prefer the 61009 PRL but I also changed my hboot, radio, and PRI. I now get twice the signal and speed I had before.

You can take a Sprint Evo 3d and jump through all the hoops of flashing it to work on Virgin including using a Sprint prl. You will never be able to roam because, wait for it.... Your still on Virgin's network, not Sprint. Not exactly rocket science people. And there is no such thing as a best prl to use, it all depends on your location and tower congestion in your area.

I wish I could test out the 60690 prl but qpst always gives my computer a stroke (in other words, makes it freeze for some reason). :banghead:Anyone else have this problem? :confused:

Then problem is I don't know how to use it, or where to download it even. :o

As with the beginning of any new learning experience Google is your friend. Until the Intercept came out I didn't know the first thing about Android let alone rooting. Read up and enjoy the journey.

Back
Top Bottom