• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root 8.7 Beast and Beauty up...

hmmmmmm...installed 8.7 update, and my battery temp shot up over 104...went back to 8.6....and temp dropped back down to under 97...

did not try nandroid update though...maybe i will next, but i'm tired of rebuilding my screens when i go that route, i thought i saw something i can use to save my data and restore it...and i thought i downloaded that....i do have titanium BU, need to see if that does it for me along with saving my apps

Upvote 0
Do you have to install SPRecovery to install BB?... seems to me once your rooted you could just do it from the stock recovery console. I mean I'm sure I'm wrong but I just cant figure out why....

Anyone?.

While I think you could do the update.zip install without SPRecovery.. the whole point of SPRecovery is so that you can make a backup of your phone's stock rom. The stock menus don't have the option.

Upvote 0
well im all rooted and ROMd with BB 7.5 but when I plug into USB, it reboots over and over.. gah!

no, Wifi tether isnt included, you still to DL the app,link is in alldroid in the main topic, goto the end and go back a afew pages

on a guess, i turned off USB debugging and fixed the issue. Now I can connect to USB no problems.. have wifi tether and the processor OC'ed to 800 (for now)

Freakin awesome. screw you 2.1 update that didnt come today!

Upvote 0
Having problems overclocking now with BB7.5. Tried SetCPU and it would only let me go up to 550mhz. Now I'm trying overclock widget and it won't let me go over 528mhz. This is crazy, I had OW with 7.4 and it worked fine up to 800mhz. How the hell do people do 1Ghz?

In SetCpu Menu/Device Selection then scroll all the way down to Auto Detect. Select that and all should be well. A few people have had to move the main slider from max to min and back to get it totally squared away. It still may take a minute or two, but that seems to always work.

Good luck and let us know how it works out.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones