• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

8" a8 tablet from ankaka

bencav5_99

May 5, 2010
aPad A8: Android2.2 Tablet PC,MID,Flash10.1, Wifi ,8 Touch Screen , 1 GHz ARM CPU , 512MB DDR2 RAM, 1080P, Multi-task [E391] - US$161.90 : Ankaka.com

just ordered this for $160

aPad A8: Android2.2 Tablet PC,MID,Flash10.1, Wifi ,8" Touch Screen , 1 GHz ARM CPU , 512MB DDR2 RAM, 1080P, Multi-task

Description:
The aPad A8 will be the one you has been looking for. It is the FASTEST Google Android Tablet available on the market up to today (2010-12-1), running on Google Android 2.2 Froyo (newest and fastest system from Google) and support Flash 10.1. Surely the device will make your life colorful and wonderful. Do not hesitate, just add this fantastic aPad into your cart and start to explore the fun of this Ankaka new wholesale product!

Highlights:
Google Android 2.2 OS (faster than 2.1 and more features)
800MHz ARM Cortex A8 (Manufacturer data 1GHz)
512MB RAM
Supports 3G and Wifi for fast and easy connectivity to the internet
Flash 10.1 preinstalled
3D games
Support multi-tasking
External 3G Internet access

Manufacture specifications:
CPU: Cortex A8 1GHz (just like Samsung Galaxy Tab)
Hard Drive: 4GB Nandflash, external memory up to 32GB via micro SD card
Memory: 512MB RAM
Operating System: Google Android 2.2 Froyo (NEWEST AND FASTEST AVAILABLE)
Display: 8inch TFT LCD (Resistive TouchScreen) / 800*600 (4:3 ratio)
Audio: built-in 0.5w*2 stereo speakers, External Microphone, 3.5mm Earphone jack, Built-in Monophonic Recording, supports MP3,WMA,MP2,OGG,AAC,M4A,MA4,FLAC,APE,3GP,WAV
Video: supports 1080p, AVI, RM, RMVB, MKV, WMV, MOV, MP4, PMP, MPEG, MPG, FLV, 3GP, MPG, Flash 10.1
WIFI: Wireless LAN 802.11b/g
Battery Work Time: 6 hours (Standby time 36 hours)
Keyboard: US Keyboard, USB external keyboard
Mouse Touch Pad: Built-in touch pad, support USB Mouse
USB Port: external USB 2.0 cable
Card reader: TF /MINI SD Card
Power adaptor: 100-220V Input, 9V DC Output, 2A
Office: WORD, EXCEL, POWERPOINT, PDF, TXT
Instant Messaging Tools: QQ, MSN, SKYPE, E-mail
Internet Browser: Google Chrome, Explorer, FireFox, etc
Other functions: Games , E-book, FM, etc.
Digital Photo Frame: support JPG, BMP, PNG, GIF, TIFF
Language: Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Spanish, French, Italy, Norwegian, Polish, Portugues, Swedish, Turkish, Greek, Russian, Korean, Chinese, Japanese, Germany

Packing list:
1 X aPad A8 (built-in 4GB hard disk, 512M memory)
1 X original charger
1 X data cable
1 X 3G connecting cables
1 X user manual---English

for that $160 i'm thinking It should be well worth the price. Anyone have one or seen one?

Did you recieve your Apad yet?

I pre-ordered a Touch8 Elite from androidtouchpc.com but once I found out it wasn't going to get here in time for Christmas I changed the order to the Touch8 Max which is the same as the Apad you ordered except these guys load there own Firmware which is supposed to improve the original chinese tabs.

I recieved it in about 4 days and wrapped it up for xmas.... wish I'de have checked it out first now :(

When I unwrapped it I had nothing but problems.... noway could I get it to connect to my Wireless router ( 2wire 2701HG-b ) it finds the service and I've entered the WEP password but it just keeps saying obtaining IP address then disconnected.

The main reason I purchased from this site was becuase they are in the states and offer support but so far I've had none from them..... I expect it's due to the holidays...... just hoping they get in touch soon.

Upvote 0
my is held up in customs but it should be here this week. I got the $80 apad ones for kids in family and they seem to run ok you get what you pay for there but based on the performance from them and the large discrepancy in specs between the two i expect the apad 8 a8 to be pretty amazing for the price. we will see this week and i will report back. Ive heard of these beta roms people are posting of having side effects such as no wifi and no sound and so on. Hopefully it gets more stable as be wait.

Upvote 0
I received my aPad A8" yesterday and I like what I have see so far. I returned the Panimage 7" tablet and got this one instead and OH what a difference! The touch is terrific, I don't have to use my fingernail. It works with finger pad or nail.

The instruction booklet that comes with it is hard to see, writing and picture diagrams are small. I am trying to find a better 'manual' online, so if anyone knows of where this can be found, please post it here!

In charging the battery, I reviewed what was using the battery strength and the "cell" portion (looking for cell connection) is using ALOT. I am not using this as a phone, don't know how or if a carrier is available, but would like to find a way to disable this "cell" feature to save the battery.

All in all, this is a good one. I don't think I will return it. It isn't an ipad but neither is the price.

Upvote 0
I purchased one of these and it arrived yesterday. So far, this is what I have noticed:

The touchscreen is good, but, there are times when I have to swipe my finger multiple times in order for it to register. Overall, not too bad. It is problematic when trying to long-press on an item though. Most times the screen will just shake and I cannot perform the operation (such as dragging an icon to the desktop) I also noticed that when playing Angry Birds, it would let my bird fly out of the slingshot before I wanted it to sometimes.

There are no external volume controls. Just 2 touch buttons at the top of the screen. This can be inconvenient if you want to change the volume after you have launched an app.

There is no automatic brightness. Find a setting that is good in the environment you are sitting in and leave it at that. I have found that full brightness is not really necessary.

Speaking of volume, the speaker is not loud at all. It's best if left at one notch under max volume. If you max it out, the sound distorts. Speaking of sounds, there are NONE installed on it. I just found that strange.

This unit does not charge via USB. You can use the cable supplied to mount the internal storage to transfer data and such, but, no charging.

The headphone jack is not your standard 3.5mm. I haven't found a set of headphones that fit in it yet.

WiFi is weak. I can be 20 feet away from my router at home and it barely has a connection. I've not had any other device in my house act like this. I'm sure it's hardware related.

All in all, though, don't get me wrong, I am not unhappy with it. For the price paid, this is going to serve as a good test bed before I decide to go big and by a nice, real, supported Android tablet. 7-8" is the perfect size in my opinion. You can still thumb type on the keyboard in both portrait and landscape. I find this to be much more convenient than trying to type as if it were a keyboard like on the 10" iPad.

It displays PDF documents nicely...I use the Miren browser for surfing...YouTube videos are good quality...and the Reddit app is great to peruse though. I have a few more apps and games to load on mine, but, it's a success for me so far. I really like using a tablet. Never though I would. I would, however, see if it's possible to root this device.

Upvote 0
Got this yesterday, shipping to Singapore is fast. White and green box, mention only 800mhz and 3900mah battery on the box. Check spec is also 800mhz. First thing notice is the the switch is on ON mode so the battery is flats for at least couple of days. after charging, the battery drop and bound back after a while, I wonder why?. Next I realize there is no sound after some setting and adjust the media volume to the max I only can hear very soft sound from the internal speaker which i hardly hear unless i put jt beside my head, while plug in the headset the sound volume was good.Android market works and g sensor work at 4 holding position as far. The screen is not sensitive at all, everybody tried will usually complain, think need to press much harder with thumb, can be also very hard to select the volume at time. Typing need alot of correction and need to do slowly too. Have to kill all the application running behind or else it will crawl. Battery life so so. Wifi Disconnect at times. Run video on 720p Np at all. Manage to cut iPad screen protector for it which cover 95% of the area. Bought also the 8" keyboard sleeve but find the kb too small to use properly, and many problem as the screen kb must have the same key available to work.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones