• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

A case for the Captivate

The body glove case it probably the best silicone/gel feeling case there is. It adds virtually nothing to the phone, it is a modern and slick design, and it protects it very well. I have dropped the phone twice, once on its back and one on its screen. The back did absolutely nothing, and to my surprise the screen had no damage on it. The screen was undamaged because when I dropped it, the pavement did no hit the screen, it still hit the case. The only reason you might not like it is because it gives it a bit slidy/smooth feeling. You would think smooth is good but at times it can be too smooth...

Upvote 0
I ordered this the other day and should get it by weeks end.
CARBON FIBER Snap-On Hard Case AT&T Samsung Captivate - eBay (item 280546788261 end time Sep-08-10 19:41:13 PDT)

Well I got this easy to get on and its ok not the greatest. Hard as hell to get off. I am going to order a gel case here when I find one that is good looking

Going to order this one today and see how it works and feel

http://www.amzer.com/Amzer-Silicone-Skin-Jelly-Case-Black-P88806.htm

Upvote 0
I ordered this case on Tuesday, it arrived today :)

This hard case has a nice 'satin' feel to it. It looks ok, but not great from up close. It is much lighter in color than the one pictured. The painted carbon fiber stands up to my fingernail, we'll see how it does over time.

The cases thickness does make it easier to hit that lock button, I was getting pretty frustrated with it before the case.

Overall it's a sturdy case that will do the job, just not the best looking thing. Well worth the $7.95 including shipping.

I too bought this case and even though it has a nice "feel" to it I'm not too happy about it. The color is way off and it does have some imperfections. The edges where the two pieces of the case come together are a little sharp but I guess for $8 I shouldn't have expected much.

Picture from eBay:
28c3qdy.jpg

My "Real" Pictures:
n3knyc.jpg

2rdeyps.jpg

ffbjgg.jpg

Reactions: malibu_rapper
Upvote 0
Got the case and the car charger in today. The case was a little thicker then I thought but not to bad. Car charger works pretty good with a blue LED light on it. Well worth $10. I'll take a picture of it tomorrow hopefully.

How does the thickness and material compare to the Body Glove gel case in the ATT stores? Is this a rapid charger? I would definitely like to hear your impressions.

Upvote 0
I too bought this case and even though it has a nice "feel" to it I'm not too happy about it. The color is way off and it does have some imperfections. The edges where the two pieces of the case come together are a little sharp but I guess for $8 I shouldn't have expected much.

Picture from eBay:
28c3qdy.jpg

My "Real" Pictures:
n3knyc.jpg

2rdeyps.jpg

ffbjgg.jpg

I bought the same case from the same store on ebay but mine looks a little more darker. I think your case definitely looks more blue/silverish.

1282477229.jpg

1282477192.jpg

Not a great case, kinda slippery, but good for 8 bucks until something better comes along. My 6 yr old always plays games with my phone everyday, so this case puts a little ease to mind.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones