• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root A simple question about Optimus V Root

Tony_Stark

Lurker
I've look all over for an answer to a simple question.

If Virgin Mobile ever releases the Gingerbread 2.3 update.
Will my superoneclick rooted, unrommed, 2.2.1 Optimus V be able to receive and install the update?

Also, what would be your opinion be on romming it if I choose to do so?
Because I've read that it can brick your phone because most roms are made for 2.2.2 not 2.2.1.

To get the gingerbread update if they release it you would probably have to return to stock.

It makes no difference flashing a rom from 2.2.2 or 2.2.1. I have no idea where you read that.

I had the same reservations about romm
ing but I did it with the help of many on this forum. I rooted with super one click and installed BACKside IHO ROM build #08252011 with no issues. check out my thread you will find all you need to know but I read and researched for a couple of weeks to make sure I knew what to do. AndyOpie and JerryScript know their stuff I would read their threads thoroughly to make sure all your questions and concerns are answered before you go into recovery and try this.

JerryScript and Myself are not the only members that know there stuff. There are a lot more members that do as well. Although if JerryScript talks,people listen.

Back
Top Bottom