• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

About firmware update

Luxiano

Lurker
Hello guys. I'm Luciano and i'm from Argentina.
I love this forum... I have some questions for you...
I read here that the update for Droid has launched, and I'm gonna buy this phone on the next days(here the name is Milestone,not Droid). I want to know if I can get this update from my country. So, the update is only for USA?... or are all over the world? here the cellphone updates doesn't exist pratically. I had an Nokia N95 and I had to change his Product CODE for update. I can do that on my Droid?
My mobile operator is gonna be Personal
Thank you so much for all the information that you can give me.
And Sorry for my bad English. :)

i am pretty sure the milestone comes with it and its better than the droid as it has multitouch, you will love it!

ahhh.ok. Thanks for your answer.
Am i the only one with a milestone without voice search? Have you heard anything about it ? I am from Argentina too. Thanks.

No you are not the only one. :'-( regarding the updates we are still stuck with 2.0. The milestone update seems to be different from the droid. Not sure when we are getting it.

It will be different updates because of the networks/radios (CDMA vs GSM), the update for milestone has been rumored to be out sometime in january. As for voice search i think you can download it from the market, it happend for me automaticly when i updated google maps (i live in usa) and got the navigation. i got the pop up screen saying navigation needs *something* voice in order to work and do i wish to download it....

the voice search is downloadable from the market... but the voice search is not available for spanish language... about the updates, we must to wait

Back
Top Bottom