• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Accept OTA or Not

jlm41

Newbie
I am TB user since last 2 weeks.

On current I have 2 issues:
- Location is off by 1 mile in Google maps.
- No audio in video recording


Should I accept OTA update to fix this issue? I read many are having reboot issues. I don't want to accept OTA update and have reboot issues.

Should I wait for another OTA ?

Please advice.
 
I would wait for another Update or Fix. The random reboots are a much bigger headache than any other pre update issues. Some people even report having the same GPS issues after the update. I suggest getting the GPS Status & Toolbox app and run that to try and help your GPS. Other than that, play the waiting game that we all are, but with a phone that doesn't reboot several times a day. I didnt do the update on my GF's TB, only mine, and now I'm envious.
 
I thought the OTA update was put on hold by verizon, but somehow my phone started trying to update on its own. I had to cancel the update based on all the threads I've seen on here.
 
I've been current for about a week now and have had none of these issues that people are describing.

Is my TBolt going to explode?
 
Do not do the update as the odds are stacked against you that you will have reboot problems after you install the update.
 
My vote is don't install. I personally downloaded it but after reading about the reboot issues I did not install.
 
I've been current for about a week now and have had none of these issues that people are describing.

Is my TBolt going to explode?

Based on my limited experience with the update, it's location based as far as the reboot. If you're in a good location then you shouldn't have reboot issues. If you switch to 3g only, I think the reboots will be less frequent.
 
Back
Top Bottom