• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Accidently deleted market on A70 (Rooted)

a70

Friends,

I have rooted my A70 & uninstalled Google Market from it with root uninstaller to install google play.apk from 4shared.

But my greed given bad results. Now I can see an icon in my phone & when tapped it says " Application not installed on your device"

Interestingly,app is available in settings>Applications.
And, when I visit googleplay or market through browser, and try installing any app it starts market on my device. But installation of app never completes. I can see updates available also for installed apps.

Now facing problem as cann't use apps available in market/play.

.apk files downloaded from internet are working excellently.

Any help will be appriciated.

Regards,
Jaspal

U just had to install the new version over the old version, not uninstall the old version
Did u take a backup of the app before uninstalling it??..

Friends,

I have rooted my A70 & uninstalled Google Market from it with root uninstaller to install google play.apk from 4shared.

But my greed given bad results. Now I can see an icon in my phone & when tapped it says " Application not installed on your device"

Interestingly,app is available in settings>Applications.
And, when I visit googleplay or market through browser, and try installing any app it starts market on my device. But installation of app never completes. I can see updates available also for installed apps.

Now facing problem as cann't use apps available in market/play.

.apk files downloaded from internet are working excellently.

Any help will be appriciated.

Regards,
Jaspal

Just remove google play and reinstall it :) it has happened to me many times

Reactions: a70
friends,

I uninstalled previous app 7 downloaded one from internet.
Its working fantastically after installing....thanks to all of you.

Friends,

App is installed, gives updates, when try to download app/update apps- it downloads apps but force closes when starting installation.

Market/play force colses, but app keeps on installing for hours. Nothing installs infact.

Any solutions....??

remove/uninstall all instances of market from the device .
Copy play.apk (or whatever) to /system/app
Rename it to vending.apk(Not that it matters ....)
set permissions to chmod 644 or above (rw-r-r atleast)
reboot the device .
it should solve most of your problems .

remove/uninstall all instances of market from the device .
Copy play.apk (or whatever) to /system/app
Rename it to vending.apk(Not that it matters ....)
set permissions to chmod 644 or above (rw-r-r atleast)
reboot the device .
it should solve most of your problems .

thanks but it is little bit difficult to understand for those who rooted their device recently :confused:
unnamed person a70 first of all what u uninstall market updater.apk or vending.apk i think u uninstall both market updater and vending , if u uninstall market updater.apk it may run market app but get error or force close so u dowload this two files i am uploading it link below

http://www.4shared.com/rar/IVINaUrm/market_udaterVending.html

these two files i uploaded from stock rom so the old file of vending (Google Market) get updated by it self to Google Play...

Thanks a lot karandpr, problem solved with your solution.
I am able to install new apps & have updated some of my installed apps. I changed the permissions.
But I cld not understand ehats chmod 644.....

thaks a lot again.

I dnt have a name...??? need to check.

Back
Top Bottom