• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ADB Galaxo ok but not GAOSP

I can get ADB working fine with when my i7500 is configured with Galaxo but I cannot get ADB to see my phone when it is configured with GAOSP. Do I need another driver for my computer? I don't think so, any thoughts? Windows 7 x86.

I am trying to push libril.so as per this thread.
Issue 316 - gaosp - Google Checkin Service reporting invalid EMEI - Project Hosting on Google Code

That's a new one for me, although I've never used ADB or GAOSP that much. Are you sure the settings on your phone are correct when on GAOSP (USB debugging comes to mind).

To avoid the issue, you could place libril.so on the root of your phone using it as a mass storage device on your computer. Then you could go and move it to the right place using an application like root explorer from your phone.

Or you could always wait for the next nightly, but I'm curious as to what the real solution to your problem might be.

Good suggestion. Of course without a market it was hard to get a root file explorer but I found slideme.org and ES File explorer that did the trick. Market now working.

USB debugging is on by default on GAOSP.

Regarding your problem, maybe it's better to ask that question on Drakaz forum.

USB debugging is on by default on GAOSP.

Regarding your problem, maybe it's better to ask that question on Drakaz forum.

I know it's weird but ADB has never worked for my i7500 when flashed with GAOSP. It was not an issue until I wanted to try latest version and needed my Market. Regardless I copied the file manually and all is good. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom